Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Playlists - tried logging in and out

Solved!

Missing Playlists - tried logging in and out

Hello there! Recently all my playlists have disappeared from my spotify on the computer. They are still on my mobile app but new ones I had on the computer do not show up on mobile and visa verse. 

I tried logging out and logging back in and nothing changed. Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Precisely. You now have two Spotify accounts.

If you want to keep a reference to your new playlists, open up a temporary folder on your computer, then drag n drop each playlist title into the folder, to create a bookmark.

Getting back to your original account

1. Log out (File > Log out)

2. Log back in again, making sure that you use your Spotify username (not forgetting the dot)

Now open up the bookmarked playlists one by one, and subscribe to them, or just drag each one into your playlist column. You won't be able to edit these playlists, but you can copy the contents.

Your new account

Let me us when you have done the above, we'll delete the new account.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Are you surely using the same set of credentials on both systems? Are you using Spotify or Facebook credentials to log in?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Yes they're the same account info for both and it's through Spotify

Ok, then sounds like there would be an issue with the account itself.
I'll post this to the Staff and hopefully we will get some sort of clarification on this.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Marked as solution

Precisely. You now have two Spotify accounts.

If you want to keep a reference to your new playlists, open up a temporary folder on your computer, then drag n drop each playlist title into the folder, to create a bookmark.

Getting back to your original account

1. Log out (File > Log out)

2. Log back in again, making sure that you use your Spotify username (not forgetting the dot)

Now open up the bookmarked playlists one by one, and subscribe to them, or just drag each one into your playlist column. You won't be able to edit these playlists, but you can copy the contents.

Your new account

Let me us when you have done the above, we'll delete the new account.

Oh I see thank you so much!

Just for my clarification - you are deleting the account logging in with "jeff.mulvey@gmail.com" and my account I am keeping logs in with "jeff.mulvey" ?

That's it. Let me know when it's OK to delete.

Watch out when you are playing a Spotify track from Facebook. If it looks like you are creating a new account, go back. The same goes for logging in with your Facebook details. Don't do that unless you have connected your Spotify account to your Facebook profile.

Suggested posts