Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Playlists - tried solution mentioned on this forum

Solved!

Missing Playlists - tried solution mentioned on this forum

Hi Spotify community!

I was trying to set up spotify on a new laptop but a different person was logged in on that laptop (or they already had spotify installed) - Long story short, all my playlists dissapeared. I tried sending an email but was directed here. I tried responding to that email with no response.

I believe there is an issue with the sync between my account and my facebook account. I'd kindly appreciate some help. I've logged out of Spotify.

Possible usernames to check: matylda, mmatyldka

My playlists are very dear to me so I thank you in advance,

Matylda

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@mmatyldka -- I've worked some magic behind the scenes with your accounts. If you log in with the username matylda now, are you seeing all your previous playlists?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Just having a look the username matylda does exist, but mmatyldka does not. 

If your account is "matylda", all you should need to do to get back to your playlists is log in using that username and your Spotify password (not your email address). 

If you have replied to the automated email directing your here, someone should get back in touch within 24 hours to lend a hand. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your comment Peter, 

Unfortunately, neither option works. Under Matylda (spotify login) i see no playlists, under my email (facebook login) I also see no playlists. 

If I try to reset password for Matylda, then I get a link in my email (different then my facebook email)

If I try to reset password for my facebook email, then I'm told to change it in facebook. 

I saw on the forum that sometimes the account is reset in the backend - maybe that's all that's needed here?

Thank you again,

Matylda

Marked as solution

@mmatyldka -- I've worked some magic behind the scenes with your accounts. If you log in with the username matylda now, are you seeing all your previous playlists?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

My guess is you actually have a third account somewhere. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form with all possible email addresses you might have used to create the accounts they can have a dig for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Beaten to it by the magic of @Adam 

Peter

Adam, you are a living legend! Thank you so much for recovering my playlists!!

I do have a followup question which is less critical though...

I'm really worried that I may loose them again, am I safe to link it to Facebook or should I just leave it as is?

Thank you so much for your help. 

Matylda

You should be perfectly good to go to link your account to Facebook as long as all of your playlists are showing on your "matylda" and always login using that username on your devices.

Peter

Suggested posts