Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing Starred Tracks?!?

Solved!

Missing Starred Tracks?!?

I have just noticed that almost all of my starred tracks have dissapeared! Please can you help? Is there a way to restore it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just select them all (ctrl+a or cmd+a) then right click and press Star.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @fuzz_tech ! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

That is very strange they disappeared whilst you where listening! Are all of your other playlists still there? 

It is probably best if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can check this out for you in a little more detail - don't worry they will be able to restore those tracks for you too.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

I had problems with my payment on my account. Now that I have resolved the payment issue none of my music I spent months putting together, is no longer there!!! IM very upset about this... Please.. What can I do to get my music back???

Hey Joanna! I've had a look at your account and I can see you have 122 starred track in your list currently, is this not right?

005013 - it looks like you might have a duplicate account, see my post here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

No, that isn't right ๐Ÿ˜ž They are only a few recent ones that have stuck around/newly added. On my last look I had somewhere more around the 4000 mark?! I really hope this can be salvaged or I might just cry!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I think I was able to restore them all - check out this playlist I made for you: -snip-

Let me know when you've re-starred them all and I'll remove that link.

[edit: removed link]

Aw! Amazing, thank you so so so much. Blood in my veins again!!! Is there a way to bulk star them? I could literally die starring 4969 tracks ๐Ÿ˜›

Marked as solution

Just select them all (ctrl+a or cmd+a) then right click and press Star.

oh! duh! done! thanks so much for your help Richard!

Dear Richard,

I have the same issue. I logged in on my friends spotify account on march 30th.

Then noticed that all my starred tracks were gone except the 1 I just starred.

Could you please help me out and bring all my starred tracks back??

Thanx in advance,

Jochem

Jochem - Richard's not in the office just yet. Think I've found those tracks for you though... jochemvl starred

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam,

Thanks a lot, I was already getting depressed without my favorite songs on Spotify.

Love the quick response and this again boost my confidence and commitment to Spotify!

Keep up the good work

Hi. My starred tracks and playlists have also gone missing. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey stephencarvlin, welcome to the Community.

It looks like you've ended up with two accounts. Please see my instructions here

Hi,

I haven't been using the service for that long... but I am sure various tracks that I have starred have gone missing. No idea how many. Is this an ongoing bug? I see a lot of people posting about it. Makes you feel like you are going in circles a bit....if they are restored today... I assume the bug will continue so renders starring pointless? I was going to upgrade to the premium account but I think a bug like this will make me wait.

On a seperate note, is there a web based interface for Spotify in development rather than software?

Thanks,
Tom

@1134519974 wrote:

Hi,

I haven't been using the service for that long... but I am sure various tracks that I have starred have gone missing. No idea how many. Is this an ongoing bug? I see a lot of people posting about it. Makes you feel like you are going in circles a bit....if they are restored today... I assume the bug will continue so renders starring pointless? I was going to upgrade to the premium account but I think a bug like this will make me wait.

On a seperate note, is there a web based interface for Spotify in development rather than software?

Thanks,
Tom

In your Preferences do you have 'Hide unplayable tracks' ticked? They may simply have been removed from the catalogue.

I changed computers and re-downloaded Spotify. Logged in and found my starred tracks missing. Any help from the administrator? Thank you... 

@gibstein wrote:

I changed computers and re-downloaded Spotify. Logged in and found my starred tracks missing. Any help from the administrator? Thank you... 

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

That is strange, normally when playlists go missing it is because you have accidentally logged into a duplicate account. Try the steps outlined in this post ๐Ÿ˜‰

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Moderators,

Hope I'm in the right spot - this thread looks a little old.  

I noticed that my starred songs count randomly dropped a couple times over the last few weeks.  It hasn't been a wholesale drop like most of the people here (maybe just a couple dozen songs).  Can you identify which songs from my starred playlist fell off?  

Much thanks, 

Joe

Hi Joe,

I've added back any songs that have recently been deleted. However, I can't see a great deal of them. So, in this case, I can't say exactly what's gone missing.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, 

All my starred tracks have disappeared. Can you help me get them back? Thanks! 

Suggested posts