Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing songs and unknown artists added

Missing songs and unknown artists added

Arrived in the office earlier today and decided to put on some musics. But as soon as I logged into my Spotify, I realised that all my saved songs, saved artists, saved albums are gone. Instead theey were replaced by about 6 unknown hipster rap/hip-hop albums and artists. Don't remember exactly what they are but most of them has weird names that looks like XVIV, F304, ITV, or something like that. And these songs were all added at the same time when I was asleep so it's likely machine added.

The best assumption is that my account was compromised and it was used as some sort of dumb underground illegal promotion of these dumb musics. It's either that or Spotify completely messed up my music data.

Has anyone experienced similar incident and is there anyway I can get my saved songs back (Mind you it's not playlist, it's saved songs, artists, and albums.)

3 Replies

Hi @bektl!

I'm sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. I'd  recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So no way to get my saved musics back?

Hello @bektl!

If you follow all the steps here carefully, you should find how to contact Spotify at the bottom of the page. They'll hopefully be able to solve this issue as soon as possible. On another note, I'd recommend checking out this Spotify tool to recover your deleted playlists.

Let me know how this goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts