Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mixed up accounts

Mixed up accounts

Hi there,

I logged in at a friends place on her computer with my own account, and accidentally matched my facebook account with her Spotify account. Now it seems like we share the account: everytime we  both try to use Spotify it pauses because the account is used by the other. When I login with my own username and go to account settings, I end up in her account. 

How can I fix this?

4 Replies

same happened to me! 

How did you fix it?

Try opening the Spotify desktop app. In the top-right corner, click , then settings and under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK on the account. 

Hey there @KittyAmber,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

As @_lm21_ mentioned, in this case, we'd recommend asking your friend to follow the steps provided here to disconnect your Facebook profile from her Spotify account. Keep in mind that she'll need to do this on the desktop app as it's not possible to complete these steps on mobile.

Note: It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be visible on her account.

Once your Facebook profile is disconnected from her Spotify account, you can follow the steps here to connect your Facebook profile with your Spotify account. 

Let us know how you get on! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey there @Hadia,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

If you're having a similar issue to the one @KittyAmber wrote about, we'd suggest following the steps in our previous message; they should do the trick.

If you're still having troubles, it'd be helpful if you could let us know some additional details and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts