Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Connect] Can't Login on Android Mobile

Solved!

[Mobile][Connect] Can't Login on Android Mobile

I found this post from last year that is the exact same issue I'm having, but it appeared no Spotify support was engaged. (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Can-t-login/td-p/4403622)

I can login on my computer just fine, but when I use the same credentials on my phone, it tells me the email and password combination is incorrect.

I know the combination i'm using is correct as I just reset the password to try and fix the problem originally. I've also tried the "we sent you a link that will log you in at <my email address>, but of course that doesn't work either. Only seconds have passed when I click on the link from email and i receive a message saying the link has expired.

I've also tried clearing all storage data and reinstalling, this hasn't changed anything either. This has been on going for quite some time and is quite frustrating.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @wannabepudge, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Could you double check this support article to make sure it doesn't help your issue? Also, could you try one more reinstall by deleting the app, restarting your phone, and then installing Spotify again?

If neither of these help you, let me know!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @wannabepudge, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Could you double check this support article to make sure it doesn't help your issue? Also, could you try one more reinstall by deleting the app, restarting your phone, and then installing Spotify again?

If neither of these help you, let me know!

Thank you Jacob. It appears that the reboot after uninstalling did the trick. Thank you for the recommendation and help!

Awesome, glad to hear you got it figured out! If there's anything else I can help you with don't hesitate to let me know.

I'm now having this issue. Pixel 4. It will log in but it is stuck at a blank black screen.

Hi there @txhardliner,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts