Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile Number Login shows "Oops! Something went wrong"

Mobile Number Login shows "Oops! Something went wrong"

Plan

Premium

Country

India

My Question or Issue

Hi!

I am from India and I am currently having difficulty in logging my spotify account using my phone number. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to put an alternative email for that account. 

I have tried it a number of times already and in website as well as application too. I'm pretty sure that my number is correct. 

The site kept on sending this message:

• "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area"

Would seriously appreciate your help as soon as possible!

26 Replies

Plan

Free/Premium

India

Device

(iPhone 13, Macbook Pro M2 browsers)

Operating System

(iOS 16, macOS Monterey 12.6.2)

My Question or Issue

I am unable to login to my Spotify premium with my mobile number.

All other kind of logins work but the mobile number login does not work!

It is very frustrating as if I try multiple times, it shows you entered the number too many times, and if I try once or twice daily, it always gives and error.

Hey, @user-removed 
Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

Is it happening on just one platform or on different ones? I mean, if you tried to log into your account on your mobile app, try it on the WebPlayer, please. Just to check if the issue is affecting just one device or more.

Keep me posted!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, is your account linked to an email? If yes, you can try to log in with that option for now. If not, and if your account page is open on a mobile device, you can try adding an email to the account to log in. You can follow these steps to do it, but keep in mind that this is only possible if you already have the account page open on a mobile device.

If you cannot link your account to an email, you can also get in touch with our Customer Support team, so they can check for other alternatives for you to recover access to your Premium account. You can find out how to contact them here.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have not been able to login to my Spotify account for 3 days and it is showing "Something went wrong Have another go? " I always logged in through my phone number and didn't link any email with my account so I am not able log in through any other means. Please help

•  

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

(MI 11X)

Operating System 

Android 13

I'm facing the same problem, I have my playlists and premium subscription that I can't manage. This is such a bummer. My email id is not connected to my phone number account. No resolution or self help has been helpful. 😪

Same with me i cannot login with my number i think its blocked or somewhat like that

Facing the same issue 😭

same with me , what to do? THE MONEY SPENT ON PREMIMUM IS BEING WASTED EVERYDAY I AM NOT ABLE TO LISTEN MUSIC FROM THAT ACCOUNT

Not able to login through phone number.

Not able to login through phone number.

not able to login using phone number.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

While we investigate this issue further, we'd recommend trying to log in with a different method such as your email address/password, instead of your phone number. If you have your account linked with Facebook, you can also use this method to log in. 

We appreciate your messages reporting this issue, as well as your patience and cooperation.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also not able to login through mobile number

i had a premium plan

Now i have to use a different email to create a new account to write a complaint 

i am not able to login with mobile number on app or on browser on mobile , not on laptop, not in incognito mode

its showing the same every where 

Same here, I've tried every possible way. It's such a shame that Spotify doesn't have any quick solution to this and making premium users waste their money.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts. 

Currently account sign up and log-in authentication via mobile phone number is not possible in India. 

If you're having trouble logging in via mobile phone number, try logging in with the email address associated with your account. 

If you don't have an email address linked to your Spotify account, please reach out to our customer support team through one of the channels here, so that they can assist you with adding an email address, so that you can log in. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue

why is this happening??
i had no email linked with my account (where i was using phone number to login)
i had a premium plan there
now even after paying, i have to listen to ads
i even lost my playlists 

I'm unable to login with my phone number it is showing login with another number what should I do

I am facing this same issue on my premium account, not able to login for 2 weeks now. Also from past 4 days getting new error "bad number"

please fix this asap, its frustrating

Suggested posts