Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moderator, how do I re-sync my playlist?

Moderator, how do I re-sync my playlist?

Hello,

My entire playlist is currently not synched anymore. When I choose a song to play I get this message:

"Track only available online"

"This track is not synced and not available offline. Do you want to turn off offline mode and try to go online?"

Up until a week ago, I coudl always listen to my playlist offline. What has changed?

How can I get my playlist re-synced? If anyone else out there knows what to do, please feel free to respond. Thanks in advance.

9 Replies

@superwhy wrote:

Hello,

My entire playlist is currently not synched anymore. When I choose a song to play I get this message:

"Track only available online"

"This track is not synced and not available offline. Do you want to turn off offline mode and try to go online?"

Up until a week ago, I coudl always listen to my playlist offline. What has changed?

How can I get my playlist re-synced? If anyone else out there knows what to do, please feel free to respond. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I believe that there is a limit to how long you can use offline mode.

Please use the File --> Offline Mode option to disable offline mode, and you should be able to play it via streaming. It will also sync for offline mode at the same time.

Thanks Liam,

I will give that a try. I had no idea you only had a limited amount of offline play. I will probably hav eto cancel my subscription if that's the case. I subscribed to Spotify solely for the offline feature. We use it at our cabin where we don't have an internet connection.

I looked up the info Spotify has on it's site and found nothing that says they limit your offline play. In fact, it's something that them seem to be saying is a great reason for getting Spotify. I can tell you it is the main reason why I signed up.

Can anyone else confirm this? Perhaps one of the Moderators?

@superwhy wrote:

I looked up the info Spotify has on it's site and found nothing that says they limit your offline play. In fact, it's something that them seem to be saying is a great reason for getting Spotify. I can tell you it is the main reason why I signed up.

Can anyone else confirm this? Perhaps one of the Moderators?

You have to go online every 30 days, to keep your offline tracks.

Also, have you tried going online and resyncing?

superwhy - No need to post on multiple threads with your issues. I have removed some of your posts on other threads, in accordance with our Community Guidelines.

First of all, we need to know a little more about your issue. What sort of device are you using Spotify on? Is this the first time you have run into this message?

Offline playlists can be stored for a while, but you'd need to connect to the internet at least one every 30 days to ensure that your subscription is still active. In order to resync playlists, connect to the internet and then click on the "Available Offline" switch at the top of the playlist.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Sorry about that. I just got a little anxious for a fix to my issue.

We have two iPods that we currently use Spotify on. This is the first time I have run in to this since I subscribed back in December of 2011.

So would I just get online with the iPods and do like you said below?

Thanks in advance!

You'd only need to connect for a second or two, and then you should be able to go on Offline mode again.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Great. Thank you. I will try that today.

No luck when I went online with iPod still not able to sync or play songs offline. When I go to spotify.com it makes it seem like I need to sign up for premium again

Suggested posts