Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Money Taken from bank account

Solved!

Money Taken from bank account

Trying to cantact Spotify by all means possible in the hope of a response.

Both me and my wife have a free spotify account and have never attempted to upgrade to the premium service and therfore have never given any back details. However looking back at our joint account I have noticed 4 withdrawals of £9.99 in June through to September of last year. But then stopped after that. I assume this is either a mistake or an act of fraud. I would like to know how I go about getting the money refunded. The bank is aware and has put a block on spotify uk but have told me I need to contct Spotify's fraud team. They gave me a number to be helpful however it doent seem to be for spotify (08000921223). Can you help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In case anybody looks at this, Spotify were unable to resolve this and so I had to go through my bank to get my money back.

The bank gave me the money back within one day and they will be pursuing this through their Fraud department. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@s_a_hunt

It would be first advisable to login into the Spotify website with both your accounts to see what's your subscription status, and check if your payment details are in there too.

You can also check if there are receipts from those particular charges in any of your accounts.

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/

That way you can see to which account you are being charged.

With all that info, you can contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I have sent you a reply to your case 05145794.  Could you please reply back via that thread? 

Thanks. I've done all that both accounts are the free subscription with not transactions showing.

Waiting on a response from spotify

Marked as solution

In case anybody looks at this, Spotify were unable to resolve this and so I had to go through my bank to get my money back.

The bank gave me the money back within one day and they will be pursuing this through their Fraud department. 

Suggested posts