Monthly subscription price is too expensive.

Monthly subscription price is too expensive.

emilysbs

I just wanted to voice my opinion that I think $9.99 a month is too expensive for what this service offers. Hulu plus is only $7.99 a month and I get access to hundreds of videos for visual entertainment that are also accesible on my computer and my iphone. Granted this service offers a lot more than pandora, but that service is only $36 a year, only $3 a month. I think pricing it even with hulu plus would be a better way to go. I was seriously going to purchase the service, especially after I saw and email giving me a month free, but when I realized that it was going to be $2 more expensive, I then just thought, I'll just save the money and only keep my hulu plus. For me, if it was priced a little less, I would justify the cost to myself more. Especially if it was even a dollar less than hulu plus, I might even justify cancelling one service for the other to save the money. Just saying...

49 Replies

Re: Monthly subscription price is too expensive.

hēnk
Roadie

But apps darnit, Spotify has apps!

user-removed
Not applicable

Apps are useless!

But I like in Spotify the music quality and huge music catalogue! A lot russian, finnish etc. music. I like this service.

It's not expensive - it worth every cent I pay for it. Think this 9,99 $/€ as a one CD or 10 mp3 tracks. And with Spotify you can listen something from 16 Million catalogue! You can't complain.

pcoventry76
Roadie

@hpguru wrote:

Apps are useless!

But I like in Spotify the music quality and huge music catalogue! A lot russian, finnish etc. music. I like this service.

It's not expensive - it worth every cent I pay for it. Think this 9,99 $/€ as a one CD or 10 mp3 tracks. And with Spotify you can listen something from 16 Million catalogue! You can't complain.

I would tend to agree. I have every now album in my account. If I was to buy them if would cost me £1376 based on the RPP of £16,.99 each.

Spofity has costed me £80 so far. Well worth it!

Also means I DON'T have to buy an album JUST for a few songs (as I have always done with complilations)

Bless! 

thegeorgedoughe

So, you're complaining that for less than the cost of one CD per month, and about 10 iTunes tracks per month you can listen to as much music as you want on a constant basis pretty much anywhere you want?  And that's too expensive?  I used to spend quite a bit more per month when I used to buy CD's.  If you don't find value in the depth of the library or don't find it handy over Pandora to listen to all the tracks on an album instead of just similar music in a related "station" they feed you, don't buy the service.

Frankly, after the news items about artists getting a meagre $300 for 70K listens I wonder how long Spotify and services like it would be able to stay in business with a broad category.  Spotify in my case has canibalized my music purchasing budget.  If I want a track anywhere and everywhere I make it available for offline playback on my phone.

hēnk
Roadie

Blatant speculation here but I think MoD services such as Spotify appeal to a wider audience then stores (both online and offline). I, for one, used to listen to the radio. It's hard to tell if I'm representative for a majority of Spotify users but if MoD mostly cuts in the broadcast audience the cost to record labels is probably neglegible (which makes Spotify relevant to their bottom line).

nitsud426
I don't understand why they have to charge $10M/120year. My XM is about 120 every 6 months. I'm just saying they are almost as much as Sirius XM, thats ridiculous. I bet if they only charged $5 or $6 a month they would have a lot more customers.

Peter__
Community Legend

I disagree, $10 a month for access to unlimited ad-free music is a bargain. 1 CD would set you back $10...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

baleigh

I agree. You get to listen to the music free on the computer anyway, but for TEN DOLLARS PER MONTH all you get is three things: 1. No ads on computer, 2: No ads on mobile, 3: Listen thru mobile. Not worth it, in my opinion.

MarcusG
Roadie

Yep totally agree with everyone else, Spotify is a flippin' bargain!

SUGGESTED POSTS