Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

More offline files....

More offline files....

Since I have the new 64 GB Iphone 5 I would love to have more then 3300 offline files. Only 1/4 of my lists can be offline. What can you do?

6 Replies

The current limit is 3300 songs, and I don't see the limit to be increased in the near future. This is the case with loads of users who have a large storage capacity on the devices. Sadly the hard coded limit is 3300 songs per device 😞

So I'd say there is nothing you can do at this point. At a quick glance I didn't seen an idea open that would suggest them to put lift the limit. So you could try that. Create an idea with good info and good topic and see how many will support the idea.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hey 🙂 

The offline track limit is enforced because of the licensing agreements Spotify has with the music companies. A change to this number of tracks would require every single licensee agreement to be redone which is a massive amount of work. I can't see it happening in the near future.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for all your help. I'll try to wait patiently and select my offline files carefully 🙂 But I love Spotify 🙂

Hmm what about the option to have albums or operas for example on one file as an option. This means you can have more albums offline. So you can have album with each song as a file but also the whole album as one file.

I don't think that would work either. 

It comes down to the licensing agreements that Spotify have an maintain with the music companies. They allow you to sync a certain number of offline tracks as part of those agreements, Spotify has no direct control over it. They would have to renegociate every agreement if a change was wanted. Combining them into single files would be like cheating the system. 

Personally, I think that the limit of 3000+ tracks is very generous and can't see it being increased in the near future. That being said, if you would like to put this forward as an idea, then I would suggest you post it over on the Ideas Exchange.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter 🙂

Suggested posts