NEXT STEP

Most of my songs in the playlists are "not enabled"

Most of my songs in the playlists are "not enabled"

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada 

Device

iPhone 8 Plus, or Mac OSX (same issue, it's not related to device) 

Operating System

Latest OS on both devices. 

My Question or Issue

What's up with Spotify today? It seems most songs in my playlists are "not available". Is there an outage? I made sure my account and billing are in order.

What's the point of this paid premium service when I cannot have playlists available when I need them. Very ordinary experience. Please advise what I need to do. Screenshot attache

spotify.png
10 Replies

Hey there @Nearlynubile,

thanks for posting in the community !

Just to make sure, have you used your account on more then one device to see if happens on others as well?

If so, please reinstall Spotify to see if it helps.

Might be a small in house issue and should be solved soon.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Yes. As I mentioned, on both iphone and Mac. Many songs are going missing on Spotify due to competition heating up I suppose (which is a hideous experience for customers like me who take the time to create playlists), but this hasn’t happened at such scale. Almost 60% of my playlists are greyed out. Highly disconcerting. 

I think that this is the trouble when relying on a service like Spotify for all our music, especially for those with us with a taste in more obscure artists in that if they lose rights then suddenly those songs or albums are no longer there, and often because we have such a large "collection" on here we may not notice for a while.

I'v decided that where possible I will still purchase the physical media if i can get it at a reasonable price, as whilst unlikely but what if Spotify collapsed tomorrow, all that music would be gone.

S

Hey there @sjp1966,

thanks for the response.

"We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders..."

Spotify service isn't limited but sometimes on some countries or regions, legal issues can cause music to be unavailable.

Regarding your decision to get physical copies, i do the same thing but i can for sure tell that the range and level of exposure to music is always greater using services like Spotify.

That's just me.

Have a great weekend 😃

Hi, Sure the range and exposure maybe greater on Spotify but at the same time you do not have all the features to make the product truly great. I've been reading about people that have hit the library limit and Spotify have no plans to increase, so whilst I am not at the limit yet, what do i do when I reach it.

You do not allow songs to be removed from a playlist without me having to actually go to that playlist and manually remove it.

You don’t allow people to see which tracks are saved in what playlists (to stop duplicate tracks on multiple playlists.)

These and other things make me hesitate to completely entrust Spotify with something very personal to me, my music, so yes ill use Spotify to find that obscure album or artist, but to cover my bases I will see if I can get a CD or a file download of that artist/album because once i reached 10,000 songs I don’t want to have to pick and choose which one to stay or get rid of.

I think Spotify need to look at ways of improving their business model and cater for that 1% of users that are really dedicated to your service, so much so that they have basically run out of space... those people will just look for alternatives and jump ship to the new best thing when it comes along.

Guys, while Spotify sleeps on this issue, check out the recommendation made by another user here: Soundiiz. It's a life saver in that it keeps my playlists synced across 2 or 3 music services. I also have Tidal and Apple Music as a backup now. For precisely this reason: that putting all eggs in the Spotify baskets seems increasingly dodgy. 

Hey there @sjp1966,

thanks for the quick response !

As i'm a user just like you, i'm only adding my thoughts same as you to this healthy discussion.

There is a mechanism that prevents and asks the user if he wishes to add a track when it's already on a certain playlist if we're refering to the same issue.

However, my calculation is how much money would i have to spend on physical copies of music (you're talking to a gigantic Vinyl collcetor - one of my biggest passions in life) covering the fact i want to listen to them while traveling ? using on many devices ? sharing it with family and friends ?

Honestly, each and every user around the world can choose from a wide range of services which makes the streaming world so awesome.

In my opinion and unlike any other service, Spotify outcomes and is more open for changes advised by it's own users than any other service there is out there (Spotify just reverted some of it's feature changes made on their last update just cause many users complained).

Bottom line, there are advantages and disadvantages to each and every device or service we're using.

All we're left with is choosing our "battles" the right way 😃

I used to have a lot of vinyl but that got sold due to lack of room (a decision I now regret) and I hear you on the cost of things, but i guess we as music lovers need to protect our interest. I still have many CDs from back in the day but i'll admit i've got lazy and stopped buying them at the moment, it's jsut that a few posts I have read today have brought it back to the front of my mind, what would happen if Spotify closed its doors tomorrow.

Do you by any chance have a link to the changes Spotify reverted? 

Apologies if i sounded "off" in my previous reply, it was not intended and I guess fuelled by frustration in that Spotify seem to be quite faceless and nnot listening to people (at least on the replies I've read)

@sjp1966,

As phone customer support tempts to be a failing and "old school" type support, Spotify are offering this community, AskRockStars, Live chat support and many other way more officiant and quick ways for users to solve their issue and learn way more on the streaming service and its benefits.

You sounded just about right by the way, no worries i totally relate to any user who has thoughts or concerns 😃

I look the link up for you and post it here the minute i find it.

Have a wonderfull weekend 😃

Thanks. 

Suggested posts