Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Most songs not available in my region?

Most songs not available in my region?

I am new subscriber to Spotify, after being a long time Rhapsody customer. I use Squeexeboxes all throughout my house.

Now trying out Spotify and comparing with Rhapsody and I am finding that at least half of the tracks that I try to play return a message::

"Track currently not available in your region".....  

at least half of all tracks in the "Most Popular" list are also not available, 

however ALL of these tracks ARE available on Rhapsody.  

I'm no longer sure what I signed up for here., especially when I just noticed that one of the top support threads here is people wanting to cancel and delete their account... how odd....but given my experience so far, maybe not.

I am in the U.S. and have properly configured the Spotify credentials on mysqueezebox.com.

Can someone please explain why all of these tracks are "currently not available in your region" on Spotify?

3 Replies

This appears to be a bug on how Squeezebox implements Spotify on their platform:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17002

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Holy Cow, that bug report is TWO years old! I guess there is no intention to fix it, or the fix may be years yet away.

Oh well, I guess I gave ol' Spotify a try and only lost 10 bucks, not too bad.

Did somebody find the solution for the "Track is not available in your region" issue? This is very annoying problem, I have lost the acces to the big part of my albums, but I am a premium user. Yesterday I reached them, now I have lost a lot of them. Sometimes it comes back, and after become unreachable again. I will stop my premium account, it it isn't unravel soon.

Suggested posts