Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Move Google Play Music to Spotify (not just playlists!)

Move Google Play Music to Spotify (not just playlists!)

Hello,

I've read a lot about moving Playlists to Spotify from Google Play Music, but does anyone know how to move ALL MY MUSIC IN MY LIBRARY from Google Play Music to Spotify (since it's impossible to chat directly to Spotify as a curious potential new user lol).

Thank you

5 Replies

Hey @breakinglocks,

Welcome to the community!

Although Spotify does not have a tool to transfer music from Google Play Music to Spotify, you could try using a third-party tool. One program you could try is called Soundiiz

Note: Spotify is not affliated with Soundiiz.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. I tried that app and I can't log in to my Google account. Keeps
saying credentials are wrong and a big blurb about single sign on etc.
Also do they even allow full library migration?
Thanks though.

Probably a good example of why I can't login to my Google Play Music account through soundjizz:

wth does all this even mean?

"

Soundiiz need an access to your account Google Play Music.
/!\ PLATFORM IN EARLY ACCESS FOR PREMIUM USERS ONLY /!\
Please read carefully :
  • A mobile device must has been registered on your account.
  • Ensure you have signed into the app on a mobile device and that you have played any amount of music.
  • You have to "turn on" access for less secure apps in your account settings.
  • Less secure apps, end-users will receive a maximum of one e-mail notification per day informing them that someone has attempted to access their account with an application that does not meet modern security standards.
  • 2-factor users will need to setup and provide an app-specific password.
  • We don't save your credentials and all the process is done under SSL protocol.
  • Only Google Play Music datas will be fetched, not your personnal settings and informations.
  • We're using an unofficial API for doing the job, this access could be removed at any moment.
  • You must have an active subscription to Google Play Music to create playlist on this platform.
  • Unlock temporary Google Captcha to allow us to access to your account on this page."

lol - I'll probably just stay with google Play Music. The hassle of transfering my music library progress is not worth the value difference between the two.

Hey @breakinglocks,

I'm sorry to hear that you’re having trouble transferring your music to Spotify. Another third-party music transfer tool you could try is called Stamp

Note: Spotify is not affiliated with Stamp.

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Thanks but Stamp only does playlists. 

Hey @breakinglocks,

Sorry about that! I’d recommend letting the right teams at Spotify know that you’d like to see a way to import tracks from Google Play Music by adding your +VOTE on this idea. Make sure to keep an eye on that thread for the latest update!

Just give me a shout if you need a hand with anything else 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts