Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Move playlists to a new account

Solved!

Move playlists to a new account

Can anyone help with this? Canceling my Facebook account has created a lot of problems with Spotify, but I figured it out. But I have a quite a few long playlists that I do not want to have to recreate on my new Spotify account. 

Is there a way to back them up and import to my new account? Can tech support do this for me? Is there even a Spotify tech support??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @egerthe1,

The easiest way is to sign into your old account, drag and drop your playlists from inside the Spotify client on the Windows desktop, log out, sign in with your new account and drag the playlists back from the desktop into the client. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @egerthe1,

The easiest way is to sign into your old account, drag and drop your playlists from inside the Spotify client on the Windows desktop, log out, sign in with your new account and drag the playlists back from the desktop into the client. 

Thank you for the response. I'm using a Mac, and unfortunately I can't drag the playlist BACK into Spotify. However, it does create a webloc which I can open in a browser, login to my new account, and save the playlist, which then shows up in Spotify.

So - I have a solution. Thanks for getting me on the right track

Glad to hear it @egerthe1. Please accept my reply as a solution so others who have same issue can see it.

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts