Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved abroad permanently

Solved!

Moved abroad permanently

Hi,

I moved from the Netherlands to the UK. My Free Account stopped working. Will it start working again by changing country to UK and entering details of a UK payment card?

Thx,

Toni

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As far as I am aware you shouldn't need to even enter your Payment details to change your country. It should change based on your IP address location. I would suggest you follow the instructions on this page. 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As far as I am aware you shouldn't need to even enter your Payment details to change your country. It should change based on your IP address location. I would suggest you follow the instructions on this page. 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you - I'm spotifying again. 

Just thinking that if you would only need to change your country, people traveling around on a free account could just change their country settings all the time, and there would be no need to upgrade to premium for access abroad.

T.

That is a good point, I am not really familiar how the system works so I don't know. My guess is there is a limit on how many times you can change it! You would also need to purchase a subscription if you where travelling to a country where Spotify is not available. 

Peter

Peter

Hello!

I am living abroad while(Tanzania). My home is in Finland.  I both just nice phone and I can not have Spotify on it. Do I have to use my previous old phone becauce I can not load program to my Android Samsung?

Help!

BR Visa

You can download spotify from m.spotify.com and should be good to go.

Hi,

I moved from the US to Taiwan permanently and my Spotify stopped working. What should I do to keep using the free version?

Spotify Free is available in Taiwan, all you should need to do is update your country here:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

I've moved country too and I'm unable to change my country without re-subscribing to Spotify. Unfortunately I can't afford a subscription at the moment so this does not make me very happy. 

I've been a customer for years, I don't see why I should be locked out of my account because I had to move. 

What country have you moved to?

Peter

UK and I would have to enter US payment details and pay a subscription fee in USD in order to change my country setting to the UK. So that means I have to either start again with UK Spotify or pay a fee in USD not GBP plus currency conversion charges to continue with my own account. 

As I need to stay a free user for a while, I don't find either of those options very appealing. 

I’m living in Canada, from New Zealand and have premium. My last payment didn’t go through as that credit card got compromised and it was my NZ one. I tried to update it to my Canadian card and it directed me to change my country, which I couldn’t do, then directed me to updating my subscription details and updating the credit card, so a full loop with no luck. There’s no other helpful pages on this website and I’m running out of patience. Do you know what I can do? 

Sorry to hear.. Spotify need to get better at this, it’s a global world. To
be honest I’ve given up on it altogether now, I use Amazon Music now. Good
luck.

Suggested posts