Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved abroad permanently

Moved abroad permanently

Hi, 

I use Spotify premium for a while from Spain and just moved to the US. I changed the country and my credit card number on my account but Spotify don't stop asking me to change the country in the settings and don't let me listen any of my playlist. 

Can you please help me ? 

Thank you !!

Alex.

5 Replies

Have you tried re-installing the app?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter, 

I just did it, and now the app don't let me sign in because i'm abroad for more than 14 days...

Any other idea ? 

Thx !!

A.

Strange, are you definitely on Premium? You should never see an abroad login error message on a Premium account since with Premium you get unlimited travel time.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the exact problem but the opposite way. I have premium and moved from the US to Spain.  I am trying to change my country permanently to Spain and have already changed my credit card on file to Spain.  However, it still reflects it as the US.  I tried logging out and back in with no luck.

I am assuming it needs to wait till the next billing period in order to get reflected in the system? I hope that's not the case but I can't think of anything else.

Hey there @garnaout!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Your assumption is correct, if you were able to change your payment method to one from a different country, you'll need to wait until your next payment date for the changes to take effect.

Take a look at this page to see how you could keep track of your subscription's status.

Let us know if this info helps and feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts