Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved back to USA from Europe and Spotify won't let me change my current country, error 408

Moved back to USA from Europe and Spotify won't let me change my current country, error 408

Hello, 

I just moved from Germany back to the states and when I try to change my current country to USA, I get the error code 408 (says my email address is already registered with another account) and it resets my country back to Germany and does not allow me to play any music. I used the spotify contact form and emailed asking for help, but over a week later have still had no response, so I thought I would ask here if anyone has found a solution to this problem. Please help! 

Thank you!

8 Replies

@dawa413 wrote:

Hello, 

I just moved from Germany back to the states and when I try to change my current country to USA, I get the error code 408 (says my email address is already registered with another account) and it resets my country back to Germany and does not allow me to play any music. I used the spotify contact form and emailed asking for help, but over a week later have still had no response, so I thought I would ask here if anyone has found a solution to this problem. Please help! 

Thank you!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It sounds like you have a duplicate account in the system which is why you are getting the email already registered error. Do you have a case number from when you got in touch (its in the first auto-email reply)? 

Peter

This is the non-Super User account for Peter, some posts made by this account are for testing purposes only.

Thanks Peter! I'm not sure how I would have ended up with a duplicate account. Is there some way to cheack or fix that? May case # is 00629395

Thanks,

Tessa

Hi Tessa,

I've just replied to your email. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey Sam. I am having the same problem. I changed to the UK version, and when I try to change my location back to USA, it says spotify is not available in my country. If you could help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Tyler

I moved from Europe to the US and am unable to access/use my Spotify account. It was used in the states prior to changing my country settings and now when I try to log in, it states "Login Failed" "You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days." So it will not allow me to log in to access my profile to change my settings. I cannot get beyond this notification. Has anyone had this problem and know what to do? Thanks!

I have had the exact same problem moving in the opposite direction-USA to Spain. Haven't found a solution but would appreciate an answer as well.

I am having this exact issue but I don't see how it was ever resolved. Was it? Any guidance on how I can regain access to my account? If nothing else, I guess I can invent a new email address and make a new Spotify account, but I would much rather retrieve the playlists I already have.

I had the same problem and after months of trying to sort it out (unsuccessfully) did exactly as you suggest. I created a new email address to open an account and cancelled my old Spotify account.

Suggested posts