Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved countries 2 years ago. Now lost Premium status and can't use my CC details anymore.

Moved countries 2 years ago. Now lost Premium status and can't use my CC details anymore.

Hi,

I am Dutch (born in The Netherlands) and 2 years ago I decided to move houses just across the border, to Belgium. I still very much work and spend most of my time in The Netherlands. I never thought of updating my Spotify account accordingly, and it has never been a problem either.

The other day, all of a sudden I had to re-logon and Spotify tells me I have to update my profile since the Country is wrong, which is a correct statement. So I updated it. But it also says I no longer have a Premium account?!? And indeed, according to my profile, automatic payments stopped somewhere by the end of 2015. No idea why. I never received an e-mail about this. I then tried to renew my Premium account, but I can't as Spotify policy says I can't use my Dutch credit card for my now-Belgian Spotify account?!?!? Why not? I am Dutch. I work in The Netherlands. I just chose to live across the border. What's the logic behind this policy? I have no Belgian bank account nor am I willing to open one just to be able to use the Spotify app. That would be ridiculous. Can someone help me out solving this issue? Thanks a bunch!

Chris 

1 Reply

Hey there @czandstra!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble!

I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts