Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved country and now can't use spotify?

Solved!

Moved country and now can't use spotify?

I moved from UK to Sweden, and I when I log in to spotify it goes offlne and tells me to update my account because it does not match my location. When I try to change my location to Sweden it wont let me without entering card details..... I can't change country without paying!? WHAT?!

Very unhappy about this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Don't worry, you don't need to pay. The card details are entered to verify the country you're in, so people don't abuse the system.

Once your details are entered, you'll be able to change your country.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Dannyjumper - Yes. As you have a Premium subscription, you'll be able to use your Spotify anywhere. Enjoy it down under.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

As long as your subscription remains valid whilst you are away, and you have downloaded the Spotify app before you go you can use Spotify abroad for as long as you like with premium @hariomm .

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

35 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Don't worry, you don't need to pay. The card details are entered to verify the country you're in, so people don't abuse the system.

Once your details are entered, you'll be able to change your country.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

In the coming weeks I am moving to Ecuador, now I live in Spain. I was considering to upgrade to Premium, but I do not know if Spotify is available in Ecuador.

JoGo - As much as we'd love to be, we're not available in Ecuador just yet. However, you'll be able to use your Spotify over there if you subscribe to Unlimited or Premium while you're in Spain, and keep the subscription running on your Spanish payment card.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you very much! I will do that.

Hi, im moving to canada for a year and I have a premium subscription so I just wanted to be clear that if I use a swedish credit card and pay my fees with there shouldn't be any problem with my account once I get there?

Hello,

As long as Premium remains paid for, you should still be able to use Spotify while in Canada.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'll be in Australia for a month. I'm a premium subscriber. Can I continue to use my US account while I'm away? Mainly for laptop listening.

Marked as solution

Dannyjumper - Yes. As you have a Premium subscription, you'll be able to use your Spotify anywhere. Enjoy it down under.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, 

I will be staying in Lithuania for a couple of months, I have unlimited subscription, will it work over there? Or what do I have to do to make it work? 

//Jenny 🙂

You get unlimited travel outside your profile country with both Unlimited and Premium.

In other words, don't worry 🙂

Edit: Nevermind, misread. Why is it that You can use spotify free for UK, Sweden, and USA but not Spain?

There is a version of Spotify Free for Spain too.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi there,
I have recently moved to Australia and changed my account to Australia on premium. I have found I can't sync or download any new tracks/playlists on ipad or laptop. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks

alex-spotify - Are you logging in with your Facebook details?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam, yes I am.

alex-spotify - It looks like you're logged in, so at least we know you're accessing the right account. When you try syncing, what happens? Have you got enough free space on your devices?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

How do I enter my details without buying anything? I'm a poor college student I just want the free version!!

@mndyvnbr wrote:

How do I enter my details without buying anything? I'm a poor college student I just want the free version!!

As long as you have moved to a country where Spotify is available, you just need to change your country on your online profile which is based on IP address so you don't need to enter any payment details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I set up account in Spain. Now back in U.K., it says I have to upgrade to premium. Confused as some posts say it is still free, others say I will be charged every month whether I use it in Spain or U.K. 

Suggested posts