Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved from the UK to Norway and can no longer access my account.

Moved from the UK to Norway and can no longer access my account.

I recently moved from the UK to Norway, and can no longer access my  Spotify baccount. I have updated all the necessary information in my profile, but nothing seems to be working. What do I do?

7 Replies

What device are you having problems on? If you have a free account, you should be able to change your country in your account profile.

Hello,

I was in Germany for a short term study now I am back to Austria ( where I did my spotify account the first time ) 3 weeks ago.

Those 3 weeks spotify was working perfectly , until yesterday when I started getting the message telling me to either change my location or upgrade ( it went offline the program) 

So I am trying to update my location , but I can't cause in the location section in the profile page, I can only choose between USA and Germany for some reason , I can't find Austria !!

Do I have to upgrade my profile ( payment!!) in order to change my location for the program to work

I want keep using the Free version !!

Any help pls 

Cheers

Moh

@MohKhattab - The system will only let you change your location to the country it believes you are located in by IP address, so it thinks you are accessing Spotify from an IP address in the US. Are you connecting via a proxy, company network or VPN at all? 

Alternatively, you can enter your payment details to prove you live in a country without actually subscribing (so you can remain on Spotify free).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem. I come from germany but im living in the netherlands because i study here. I installed my spotify on a free account on my laptop when i was in germany. Now im back in the netherlands and my account isnt working anymore. It also says: Youre in the wrong country. If i wanna change it, there is no option to change country although the country-intruction already says netherlands. I dont know what to do.... my profil is offline. I would like to use it again (without paying). What do i have to do?

@Lis1203 - Does http://whatismyipaddress.com/ locate your IP address to inside the Netherlands? 

If so, try a clean reinstallation of the client and see if that helps at all. 

Peter

Peter

I moved from Australia where I downloaded Spotify and I am now in New Zealand, I have a Premium account, I am being told to change my Country in Settings but it seems to be highlighted, however...I should be able to access my Account from anywhere in the world since I am a Premium member, I have also uninstalled and re-installed but to no avail, what can I do???

@1247255404 wrote:

I moved from Australia where I downloaded Spotify and I am now in New Zealand, I have a Premium account, I am being told to change my Country in Settings but it seems to be highlighted, however...I should be able to access my Account from anywhere in the world since I am a Premium member, I have also uninstalled and re-installed but to no avail, what can I do???

Is your account showing as premium/unlimited on your online overview

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts