Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved to another country and can't acces their music

Moved to another country and can't acces their music

Hello!

I'm subscribed to the family plan back in Spain and I have moved to Japan for studying for 1 year. My family still pays the plan and I haven't had any problems with it so far. However, there are some Japanese artists that I can't listen to their music and I think this is because Spotify still considers that I'm in Spain. It is weird because on the app it recommends me Japanese artist and some of their latest releases.

I realised today, when they recommended me a playlist created by Spotify, that it's empty, and the only reason I can think of is that. It could also be the contract/company thing that I've read on other threads, but considering I had the same problem with this artist back home, so I don't know if it would really make sense, and also she's quite known... I should also mention that in the country settings, it says I'm in Spain and I can't change to any other place. 

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply

Hey @rauls99 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

It's very likely that you cannot listen to that music because it might only be available in Japan. The availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

You'll be able to change your country setting to Japan once you're no longer part of the Premium Family plan and are on Spotify Free again. 🙂

I should also mention that all members of a Premium Family plan must reside at the same address.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts