Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved to another country = keeping your playlists ?

Solved!

Moved to another country = keeping your playlists ?

I used Spotify when I was still in Belgium and spent a lot of time making playlists. Now that I live in the USA, I have to change my location settings, otherwise it won't work anymore. (no premium user) But I'm worried I will lose my playlists. So I just haven't used it for the last nine months. Does anyone know if you keep your playlists when changing location settings? Or do I keep my playlists and is it possible that songs will be greyed out because there is no license in another country ? Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Yup, you will keep all your playlists. The only thing that might happen is some songs may become unavailable (i.e greyed out so you can't play them), as the catalogue is different in the US.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Yup, you will keep all your playlists. The only thing that might happen is some songs may become unavailable (i.e greyed out so you can't play them), as the catalogue is different in the US.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I just moved from the US to Sweden so I went to change my location settings right away, but now none of my old music is showing up in my account. What did I/do I do? 

I don't know where you're getting your information, but we moved from Australia to Poland (had a premium account throughout the whole time) When I changed my country settings, I lost all my playlists - worst day ever!

Hi there @hnay and @Collibri,

Thanks for asking about this! 

Bear in mind that if you've made any changes in your account, you should still be able to see the music you've saved to it previously.

If you don't see the songs and playlists that were in your account before, it probably means you have a second account and are logged into it. To check if this is the case, take a look at this article.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts