Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple Alexa devices, one amazon account, Spotify family???

Multiple Alexa devices, one amazon account, Spotify family???

So we have, A’s I’d expect most have, more than one Echo device in the house. They are all purchased on my amazon account and are registered to me.

Considering moving to Spotify premium family account so that daughter and son can have own playlists, but (hoping for some clarity here) it seems that idea won’t work as even though they have their own free Spotify accounts, when they ask Alexa to play ...music from Spotify it reverts to my own playlist.

Any ideas how I can get each echo device to play the persons Spotify account playlists? Or is it a total non starter and I need to re-look at Amazon music?

Thanks in advance

Country UK

Device Amazon echo and dots, plus galaxy s8.

2 Replies

It will work with more than one spotify account. As I understand it has to be a spotify premium account. I have it working with my spotify family account. HOWEVER it is very limited.

I have only had my 4 devices a few days so am still trying to figure this out.

You need to create an amazon household account. Then you can switch amazon accounts and then it will play the music from the spotify account associated with the amazon account. The probelm that I am experiencing is that Amazon will only allow you have two adult accounts in a household. You cannot switch to child accounts on the echo devices because child accounts cannot login to the echo app. So basically you can only have two spotify accounts playing on the echos – which really makes the system unusable.

If anybody know of a better way would like to know about it

I might an idea that could help you guys out!! I have an Echo but i dont have multiples so I literally went to my neighbors place, who has 7 Echos/Alexas, and tried this idea out.

What i did was connect via Bluetooth, and it was able to play my music on that Alexa without a problem. I even tried giving commands and it worked totally fine. However, the only thing that i found kinda annoying was having to connect and disconnect from the Echo/Alexa. So if you dont mind having to disconnect and connect most of the time, then this might be your best bet. 

Another thing i would emphasize is that if your kids are getting their own echo/alexa then you dont have to worry about disconnecting and reconnecting because it will be connected to their phones. 

So give this idea a try and let me know if it works out!

Happy Holidays!

Keanu_C

Suggested posts