Multiple Artist recommendation e-mails

Highlighted

Multiple Artist recommendation e-mails

weasel
Casual Listener

So I've managed to get the same e-mail from Spotify six times in the last 4 hours.  It's an e-mail recommending the same 8 artists / albums.  They all have different Message-ID headers and different Time/Date stamps on them so I know it's not my mail client being wierd.  I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to notification in my account, but they still keep coming.  Anyone else experiencing this?

6 Replies

Re: Multiple Artist recommendation e-mails

Liam
Community Legend

@weasel wrote:

So I've managed to get the same e-mail from Spotify six times in the last 4 hours.  It's an e-mail recommending the same 8 artists / albums.  They all have different Message-ID headers and different Time/Date stamps on them so I know it's not my mail client being wierd.  I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to notification in my account, but they still keep coming.  Anyone else experiencing this?

I believe there was an issue in the Spotify's email system, however I'll ask a mod :)

Jamie
Spotify Legend

Thanks for reporting this. We'll do some investigating. If it continues to happen, please let us know.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

weasel
Casual Listener

Yes, this is still going on... Up to 9 copies of the same e-mail now.  Getting one about one every hour, but is been 67 minutes since I received the last one.

weasel
Casual Listener

If it helps, here are the Time stamps in GMT of the same mails I've been getting:

Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:56:41 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:19:12 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:42:54 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:06:59 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:56:24 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:18:35 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:42:28 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:07:06 +0000 (UTC)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:31:21 +0000 (GMT)
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:57:41 +0000 (UTC)

Each message has a different Message-ID header, so they are unique. The only thing I can think of is that it started happening after I restarted my Desktop Client due to an upgrade notification. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not.

mrfart
Regular

same problem here. Up to 19 now.

Greg
Roadie

Hey everyone,

If you could add your details to this thread that would be awesome. 

We'll get to work on resolving this as soon as possible. 

Thanks!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares
SUGGESTED POSTS