Multiple artist accounts

Multiple artist accounts

Plan

Free

Samsung Galaxy

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I am the producer in a group but also produce separately with multiple artists. I want to be able to have access to both my group and solo artist pages and also have my group and all other releases featuring my production within my solo discography. Is this possible? 

Also, I am credited on a track that is on Spotify but when I try to claim the account by verifying it with my Twitter and Instagram, it says profile not found, even though it shows up in the search function.

Any help appreciated.

14 Replies

Hey @DJ_Alkemy,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can learn how to request access to all your artist pages via Spotify for Artists at https://artists.spotify.com/faq/access#how-do-i-get-access-to-spotify-for-artists.

If you want all those releases to also appear on your artist page, then you must be either a primary or featured artist on them.

Can you please go into more detail about the issue with requesting access and the "profile not found" error message? What URI/URL are you trying to request access to?

Let me know!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm featured (as a producer) on a track and the artist has me credited, when I try to claim that artist profile (DJ Alkemy) it asks me to verify by using my Twitter and Instagram accounts as proof, I do that and it just says "We can’t find that artist. Check your URL or choose an artist in your pulldown menu".

Ok, that's odd. There shouldn't be such issue if you try to request access to an existing artist page.

I'd recommend reaching out to the Creator Services team at https://artists.spotify.com/contact

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

Could it be that I'm only credited as a producer? The thing is, I have 2 released albums already but in my groups name and there's no individual artist profiles for the two members (myself, the producer and the other member, who is the vocalist). We both have seperate releases coming out in the near future and we'd like to have our individual artist accounts but also have our albums that we done together appear in our discographies.

As I mentioned before, you can only request access if you have an existing artist page. To get one, you must be credited as the main artist or featured artist. 🙂

The other releases will only appear on your then existing artist page if you are credited as a main artist or featured artist.

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star

So, am I right in saying that because I am just the producer on one track off someone else's album, that won't appear in my discography and that is why I can't claim the "DJ Alkemy" that appears on Spotify at the moment?. That's fine, but what I need to know is if I make a whole collaboration album with another artist, we would both have that particular album in our Spotify discography? I'm also guessing I'd have to be in the artist title segment of the album (for example, if I solely produced an album by an artist called "PH Power" and the album was titled "Power", would me not being in the title affect my ability to have that album in my discography?).

Apologies for the drawn out thread, just want to make sure, thanks.

Can you send me a link to the DJ Alkemy artist page?

If you are added as a main/featured artist on at least one of these tracks, it'll appear on your artisf page at the bottom. 

If you want it to appear as a normal release, you need to be added as a main artist of the whole album.

Artist names and album titles don't really matter at all. It's just about the artist roles in this case.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for the link.

I've just checked if I'm able to request access to it myself, and it doesn't look like there's anything that would stop me from doing that.

Can you give it another try now?

MaximSpotify Star

Same thing unfortunately. I find the artist page, upload my social media accounts then it says can't find artist. Screenshots attached.

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Thanks for the helpful screenshots!

Just to confirm, does the exact same thing happen on different devices/browsers as well?

MaximSpotify Star

Yep. I've tried on a laptop and on my phone. I guess I'm gonna wait until I release a single in a few weeks under my name and hopefully that'll give me control. 

You should have no issues requesting access to it now...

I'd recommend reaching out to the Artist Services team about this. You can reach them at https://artists.spotify.com/contact

Please note that it can take a few weeks to hear back.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for your help.

Suggested posts