Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple emails trying to help me log in?

Multiple emails trying to help me log in?

This is the third email from "Spotify" I've gotten that is sent to help me log in to my account. At this point I don't know if it's a scam or someone trying to log in to my account. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

3 Replies

The same is happening to me. One attempt a few days ago and 3 more today. The email seems legit but there might be someone trying to hack Spotify accounts who's triggering those email notifications.

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We understand that you're receiving emails from our security system and you're not sure of their legitimacy. Please read the info and the tips given here to be sure how a mail from Spotify should look like. You can also take advantage of the provided e-mail address at the bottom of this article, where you can forward those mails in question and check if they actually came from Spotify.

If you're in doubt that your accounts might be compromised, then you can follow the tips given here, to better secure them.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm pretty convinced that the email notifications are legitimate (the sender address, the link provided and the general formatting of the email all seem correct).

I don't think the attempts to log into my account where a genuine mistake (my email address is pretty unique) or that my account was compromised (my password is strong, never used on other sites and I didn't notice any suspicious activity besides the emails).

However, I'm thinking that someone is attempting to gain access to Spotify accounts illegitimately and massively, and I hope that Spotify is monitoring the situation.

I didn't get any notification today, though.

Suggested posts