Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple issues with my spotify account.

Multiple issues with my spotify account.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10, running Chrome and Edge.

My Question or Issue

Awhile back the spotify desktop app stopped showing me the 'new releases for you' section in the discover tab, which is the primary reason I use spotify. I also cannot follow any new artists, simply save songs from them. Completetly reinstalling the desktop app, on a fresh install of windows 10, did nothing, and iv'e not seen many others with this issue ongoing like this, so i'm left to believe it has to do with my account in some way.

I managed to work around it by controlling the app through the web player for awhile, but recently another issue has cropped up; the web player does not work in any way shape or form. You hit play on a song, it shows up instantly in 'recently played', but nothing plays. It does not show up as a device on other devices, such as mobile, so the theory that it's "stuck" cannot be tested and the fix cannot be attempted. Logging in and out does nothing, deleting cookies does nothing, even using a different browser (I use Chrome, I tried it on edge as well) does nothing.

I theorized I could just make a new account and maybe that'll fix it but even if it does that doesn't really fix it, because i'll have lost all my follows and plays. As such im relegated to only using spotify on PS4, which frankly, considering I have to use another device to properly controll it, and the other version don't want to cooperate, means i'll probably just start using the built in media player and a flash drive because at this point that's actually more hassle free and function properly.

4 Replies

Hello,

The first thing you should try is to delete and reinstall the app. most of the time this will fix the problem. If it still wont work Ill go through other steps. Just ask if you need anymore help!

Hope this helps!!!

That was the first thing I tried and the first thing I listed for things I tried.

Hi,

As already stated, I would suggest going to your control panel by searching it in the Cortona bar, and then clicking uninstall a program, from their click Spotify and Uninstall, then just reinstall the application from the website. If that doesn't work let us know.
Best of Luck to you,

Jack

Hey there @Pinkaminks,

Thanks for posting about this.

First, regarding not seeing the "New Releases for You" section on your desktop app, we'd recommend checking this Ongoing Issue report for more info. 

On another note, if you're having troubles playing songs on the Web Player, we'd recommend checking this Spotify Answer for some additional troubleshooting steps to try.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts