Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Purchases

Music Purchases

Hello, I have been using Spotify at the free level and I have some questions about purchasing music. 1. Do i need a premium account to buy music? 2. Are my credit card details kept on file, if so can they be removed later - ie, if i make a one off purchase I don't want Spotify 'remembering' or storing that information. Security is a very big concern for me. Thanks.
4 Replies

Hi Wishface- Welcome to the Community! I believe I can shed some light on these questions for you: 

1. No, you don't need a subscription to purchase downloads. Subscriptions and downloads are totally separate from one another. A subscription will simply allow you to stream to an unlimited amount of music, commercial free. No downloads involved. 

2. Your card details are kept on file, but you can remove them at any time as a free user.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you, how would i then remove my credit card details, say after purchasing a bunch of mp3s?

Just head over to your subscription page. From there select 'Change payment method or card details' under 'Payment Method'. 

Thank you.

Suggested posts