Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps getting interrupted -- Hacked? Technical issue?

Music keeps getting interrupted -- Hacked? Technical issue?

Hi all, I'm really at the end of my rope here. 

I've had spotify premium for several years now. I use it on my computer, and on two different phones on occasion.

What has happened recently is driving my nuts. Something is connected to my spotify account (listed as a Spotify Web Player device on my "Devices Available" list when this happens) and is playing the same exact two playlists, always starting with the same song. It interrupts my listening to music seemingly at all hours. The playlists are "Saucey Beats" and "Blast To The Past" by the user khanmusic101. 

At first, I thought someone had got my password or something along those lines. So I logged out everywhere, changed my Spotify password. I also logged out everywhere on Facebook, and changed my Facebook password. But this keeps happening. I've repeated that process three times and it hasn't stopped. So I'm beginning to think that it isn't a hacker but rather something is wrong with my Spotify account. 

Last thing to note, in favor of a human messing with me: I don't know if it is coincidence, but I made their Web Player play "F*** You" by CeeLo Green, and then the Web Player disconnected.

Can anyone please give me guidance on this? This is really messing up my life

7 Replies

Hey @deeje,

I'd recommend taking a look at this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have exactly the same problem with the same person and music. Tried everything recommended and don't know what else I can do...

@Arwenak,

We (the Community) can't provide any help regarding such issues, so you'll have to take another look at the support article.

Maybe the Support team has to secure your account one more time 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm also experiencing this issue. Very frustrating. Iphone user.

Just the same problem here... 

Hey Guys, Same issue here. Can Spotify please investigate this issue?

I am having the same issue with Playlists by "khanmusic101". They just keep start playing some music / hijack my account. Password already resetted... This is really annoying since the music even started playing in the middle of the night in some occasions. I am using Spotify on Sonos One and Echo Dot. Experienced this problem on both devices. 

Please fix this problem! 

Suggested posts