Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music paused because my account is in use elsewhere - I've tried everything

Music paused because my account is in use elsewhere - I've tried everything

My music keeps getting paused because my account is "in use elsewhere." I've changed my facebook password, my account email (though it seems Spotify hasn't yet synced that change from FB), removed all offline devices, and logged out of all devices multiple times. I've checked Spotify Connect on my phone when my account gets paused to see what the other device is, but I don't see anything but my computer and my phone. I've tried to set a device password, but never received the email (part of the reason I changed my account email). I don't see any other possible options, other than making a new account and scrapping my followers/following and two years of developing my suggested music to my taste. I will not implement that last solution.

I feel like there isn't someone actually using my account, but that this is an issue with Spotify itself. It's incredibly frustrating, as I'm trying to get work done and my music keeps pausing, which is disrupting and maddening. I've been paying for premium for two years now and don't want to move my business elsewhere, but I'm considering it.

1 Reply

Hey!

You'll need to send these details via the Contact form. The Support team will be glad to sort things out and ensure your Spotify account is safe and sound.

Hope this helps .

Suggested posts