Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music popping up on my playlists that I didn't add?

Music popping up on my playlists that I didn't add?

Hi guys,

Little bit confused. I was going through one of the playlists I created, and all of a sudden I'm finding songs on it that I never added. These songs didn't even exist in my library - I never saved them, or added them to any previous playlists. 

I changed my password, just in case since my account is premium, but I'm wondering if: 

a) someone at Spotify could access my account and tell me if anyone has logged into it on a new device (not my phone or my laptop)

b) is it possible that I messed something up when I redownloaded all my playlists this morning? Although I don't see how that could be the solution when I never saved any of these songs anywhere before they just appeared in this playlist.

Send help!

2 Replies

Hey, @dzhlkvs! That's not cool - let's get you in contact with Spotify customer service so they can take a look backstage.

Firstly, please fill out this contact form. You may receive an automated reply asking you to check out the support forums again. Not to worry - just reply back (even if it's a noreply address) and the support team will be able to help you. They should be back to you within 24 to 48 hours.

In the mean time, I also recommend going here and clicking Sign Out Everywhere. Just be sure to remember your email and new password. It looks like this:

large.png

You can also check your offline devices on the left hand sidebar. If you see any devices you didn't sync yourself, delete them from the list.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!

If this has solved your issue, please click "Accept as Solution" below. 🙂

- Jiana

Somehow, crappy covers of songs I do like are being added to my playlist. Oh god, please get rid of them.

Suggested posts