Plan

Free

Country

US of A

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

I have tried multiple times to link my Apple ID to my Spotify account and it won't work. I have tried what it says on their help website (Spotify Help) and it simply won't work. I contacted their support and they told me to ask this community. If this does not work I shall ask their Twitter. 

Thanks in advance!

24 Replies
Highlighted

Re: My Apple ID won't link to my spotify account

Hey @ThatFunSize,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know a bit more about what happens when you try linking your Apple ID to your Spotify account?

For example, are you receiving any specific error message during the process? A screenshot would be very helpful in this case. As a heads-up, remember to hide sensitive or personal information when sharing this type of material.

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same problem here.

The support page says I have to guarantee my both accounts from Spotify and Apple share the same email address. So I changed my Spotify email address to my Apple ID one, but it still says no Spotify account associated with my Apple ID. I confirmed my new email address already after changes. My Apple ID email address is not hidden to Spotify.

Here is a copy of the error message :

"You do not have a Spotify account connected to your Apple ID. If you have a Spotify account, please try log in with your Spotify email or username. If you do not have a Spotify account, please sign up."

Highlighted

Hey @AWong,

Regarding what you're reporting, it'd be great to double-check your device's operating system is iOS 13 or later as well as that the Apple ID linked to the email address you'd like to have for Spotify uses two-factor authentication.

After confirming this, would you mind trying the following steps? 

1. Double-check you successfully updated your Spotify email address with the one linked to the Apple ID you're currently using.
  2. Log out and then back in in to your Spotify account using your preferred method other than Sign in with Apple.  
  3. You'll be asked if you want to link your Apple ID to Spotify. Tap CONNECT ACCOUNT

You should now be able to log in to Spotify with TouchID, FaceID, or your Apple device passcode. 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

MarioModerator
Highlighted

Casual Listener
The same error happened to me except my spotify account and Apple ID
already use the same email address.

Casual Listener
Yes, I have two-factor authentication on my Apple ID. Do I need to turn it off? Is it an issue here?
Highlighted

Hey @ThatFunSize,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you mind letting us know  if are you receiving any specific error message while trying to link your Apple ID and Spotify account? A screenshot would be very helpful in this case.

As a heads-up, remember to hide sensitive or personal information when sharing this type of material.

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

MarioModerator
Highlighted

Hey @AWong,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

To clarify, you'll need to have the two-factor authentication enabled with your Apple ID for this process.

Would you mind letting us know if you already tried the steps suggested above and if they worked? 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

MarioModerator
Highlighted

Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem on the website.

Spotify links successfully within Apple ID, but Spotify can't seem to find the Apple ID or doesn't receive the information it needs.

My Spotify username is first.last and email is first.last (at) provider (dot) com. I'm a Premium member if that makes any difference in the backend code.

My Apple ID email is also first.last (at) provider (dot) com, and the name is reported to Spotify as First Last. Two-factor enabled for a long time, nothing has changed recently. There are no other options.

I unlinked Spotify in the Apple ID and tried it several times.

This must be a corner-case bug because it appears there is no other obvious explanation unless I'm missing something.

Browser: Mobile Safari

Device: iPad Pro 10.5

ipadOS: 13.3.1

Spotify app: 8.5.45.588

C482748B-1415-4068-87FE-014D38AE8519.jpeg

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I encountered exactly the same problem as @ba41

Spotify Email = Apple ID Email

Not hide my email address when linked

Apple ID uses two-factor authentication

iPad Pro 10.5/iPad OS 13.3.1/Safari

iPhone/iOS 13.3.1/Safari

MacBook Pro/macOS 10.15.3/Safari

None of the above works.

截屏2020-03-09 上午11.50.20.png

And my Spotify app on iPhone doesn't display Sign in with Apple option,is it correct?

Spotify app version: 8.5.48

Not display Sign in with Apple optionNot display Sign in with Apple option

SUGGESTED POSTS