Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Discover playlist is pure garbage

My Discover playlist is pure garbage

I've seen multiple threads about this for years and no solution? Are you really going to make me cancel my account and register another one to get reasonable discover weekly results?

The recommendations started out great, but the more it learned the worse the recommendations got.

5 Replies

Hey @jwebb81, welcome to the community!

Your Discover Weekly is generated taking into account what you and people with similar taste listen to.

However, the algorythm won't take into account what you listen if you're in a Private Session, or streaming from the Discover Weekly playlist.

Right now, you can help shape the playlist manually by liking or disliking songs and artists. 

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

So I do have to cancel to reset it then. Very poor user experience

Right now, there isn't a way to reset the Discover Weekly playlist. Cancelling the subscription will only turn your Spotify account back to Free, but all the data and suggestions will remain as they are.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I've been liking songs and artists a lot. But still my discover weekly playlist consists only of instrumental music, which I listen to at times. But why doesn't it then create a weekly playlist based on songs I actually liked? Cause that list does not include any instrumental music at all...

My DW list has become really bad as well. The last 3 weekly lists were pretty much garbage. Im am getting blasted now with computer game music that I listened only to in very rare cases.

My listening behaviour has not significatnly changed as far as I am aware. No one else has/had access to this account.

Feels like someone played around with the discovery algorithm ~3 to 4 weeks ago and made changes to the worse.

Suggested posts