My Facebook was hacked and my spotify name got changed. How do I change it back?

My Facebook was hacked and my spotify name got changed. How do I change it back?

AdamKulikowski

My Facebook was hacked and my spotify name got changed.  How do I change it back?

I got back into my facebook and have solved that problem, but my spotify name was never changed back to my name.

Thanks for the help!

1 Reply

Re: My Facebook was hacked and my spotify name got changed. How do I change it back?

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @AdamKulikowski 

Did you use Facebook to create your account?

If not, login to Spotify Desktop and unlink Facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook).

After that you'll be able to reconnect it, and you'll need to use your spotify username/password to login.

If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username, so you won't have to rely on a Facebook account.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them) to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your Facebook after the switch.

Check this support page here. :)

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS