Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Premium Account is Playing Ads ...why?

My Premium Account is Playing Ads ...why?

Hi everyone,

Maybe someone knows how to help...   I have a premium (paid) account.   My music is all ad free, good!  : )    …..buttttt…...

... the only Podcast I listen to is Joe Rogan... and it seems Spotify is inputting an ad right in the middle of it.  It's clearly Spotify inputting the ad, as I've listened to JR for years and he gets his ads out of the way at the beginning and end, not during the interview. 

I see threads of people complaining about this, and it appears as though Spotify says that they cannot control what podcasters say.

I paid for an ad free experience.  Why am i not getting that?  Can someone give me advice on what I can do to remove these ads?

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @ChromeDome11, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify doesn't provide ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, however, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

If this is something you’d like to see a change in the future, you can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

There's some more information about podcasts here.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts