Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Premium subscription won't automatically renew

Solved!

My Premium subscription won't automatically renew

Here's really weird issue. 

I live in Poland so spotify is kinda new here.

Recently i experienced really strange issue, and also really strange answer from Customer Support (Polish one - just to be detailed).

So I've been using unlimited subscription and then premium one successfully for a few months. Everything was perfect and i didn't experience any issues. I was using PayPal to automatically renew my subscription but then I forgot to update my card information and i got notice that Spotify is unable to renew my subscription. Which was perfectly fine. But problems just started.

So I've updated my paypal account with a new card and updated payment details in Spotify. Renewed my account cos it was switched to free one and I was enjoying premium for another month. 

Then booom... spotify AGAIN is unable to charge my paypal. Updated my payment details and next day BOOM the same.. , they can't renew. I switched to my debit card directly and then... the same. It's always the same scenario:

- I am able to renew my account when it's back to free one. Then i can upgrade it to Premium, no matter what payment method I use (both paypal and debit card tried) and it's fine. But my account won't be renewed AUTOMATICALLY month after. I will always receive error email and info that they can't process my payment.

Sooo.. the funny part.. I contacted Customer Support and they said.. it's NORMAL.. that it's not possible to renew my subscription Automatically with debit card, no matter if i use Paypal or Card payment directly. It's because i need to have Credit Card to do that. Automatic subscription accordind to Customer Support is NOT POSSIBLE with debit card.

They didn't care that few months before, my subscription renewal was working perfectly fine.

I mean is this for real ? 

Did any of you guys experienced similar issues ?

Manually renewing my scubscription every month is driving me nuts. Not to mention that I'm getting like 6 emails before that happen about payment not being processed.

I'm making a lot of purchases, i have some subscriptions and I've never experienced this kind of issues. 

http://composer.karolorzel.com

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That is not true, I have a recurring subscription set up on my Visa debit card and it runs happily month to month. Spotify transactions can be a little different from other recurring subscriptions which has caused issues in some cases before. I would suggest getting in touch with your bank or card issuer and asking them if they are blocking the payment for any reason. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

That is not true, I have a recurring subscription set up on my Visa debit card and it runs happily month to month. Spotify transactions can be a little different from other recurring subscriptions which has caused issues in some cases before. I would suggest getting in touch with your bank or card issuer and asking them if they are blocking the payment for any reason. 

Peter

@Peter wrote:

I would suggest getting in touch with your bank or card issuer and asking them if they are blocking the payment for any reason. 

Well I may try.. One thing bothers me tho..

Why it works when i do that manually and does not work when it's trying to be charged automatically.

Not sure, but I have seen it before where banks block the renewal payments which is why the first one (setup) goes through fine. 

Peter

Okay, I contacted my bank and they said to modify my limits for phone and correspondential payments. They said that this might work. I will reply you back in in 1-2 days when spotify will attempt to charge my account again.

Thanks 🙂 !

Ok, let us know! 🙂

Peter

Okay. Not sure if you work for spotify but if yes then you should get a raise ! 😛 You are better than most of the folks in Polish spotify customer support.  If you're not working for spotify.. well.. you should be hired immediately ! 

Thank you very much for your help, my problem is solved after contacting my bank and setting phone and correspondent payment limits ! Today my account was charged successfully automatically.

I don't work for Spotify, but I very much appreciate your thanks and letting me know! 🙂 

Enjoy those hassle free tunes! If you have anymore issues, remember Spotify Community rocks. 😉 

Peter

I am new with spotify and i have a question about renewal every month. Do i need to verify something in my email so that i could automatically renew my subscription? Or i will just automatically renew and no need to confirm or verify using email? Thanks for answering

If it still doesn’t work. I would wait until the end of the billing cycle. Then once the billing cycle is over, resubscribe.

Hey @alecsachs2468,

Thanks for the post.

Seeing that this thread is from 2015, can you give us more details about your subscription and the exact issue that you're experiencing?

We'll be happy to help.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts