Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify Premium is not activating??

Solved!

My Spotify Premium is not activating??

Hello. I have purchased spotify premium and now paid a month and it still hasnt activated on my spotify account? 

I`v done this before and it took just a second before i had premium, been waiting for a hour now but still have "free spotify", Pleas help ASAP.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem solved when i connected via facebook 🙂 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

If you log out on your mobile devices and log back in with "I've already got an account" and the facebook button you should get to your premium account. Let me know if that doesn't work please.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Hi there @kellele!

Sorry to hear you're having a little trouble with your premium status kicking in; it typically takes a bit of time for the new information to push out.

Where are you using Spotify? Through your mobile phone? Through your desktop?

If you're using it through your phone, you should try flushing out the phone's cache/cookies and what not. You can also try logging out and shutting the app off completely (for iPhones; double click the home button and click the red "-" button on the Spotify app). This will usually force the app to collect new information from your account. If all else fails, try removing the app from your device and re-installing.

If you're on a desktop, try logging out and logging back in again.

Lemme know if you're still experiencing this issue, :).
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hi,

I`m trying to get it to worke om my computer, havet tryed on my phone yet, but i dont think it works on the phone when it dousent worke on my computer. I also tryed to exit/restart the computer but still free version. 😕 

Marked as solution

Problem solved when i connected via facebook 🙂 

Hi, I'm facing a related problem, I clicked log out from Facebook in the Spotify Application, and to clean my timeline in Facebook, I deleted Spotify from Apps.

After that I did relogin in order to start working with spotify again, but my surprise is that I lost all my info, playlist, and so on, but even worse, my premium suscription was deleted, even in in my Spotify profile doesn't appear the last payments I did :S as I would have never had Spotify Premium (Actually I'm using it from a couple of months).

Any help please? I'd like to get my Premium Suscription back.

Thanks in advance.

I also juts purchased spotify (well got the 30-day trial) but my account is still under "spotify free"

I am on my desktop and just purchased. I reloged, reset my computer, clear cookies, and nothing worked. I got the email confirming my purchased, and even on my account it display that I have a recipt that I had purchasde it (although it says "2 day spotify premium" so its only 2 days and not 30?).

Nvm, I was log in with my facebook when I purchased it (apperently, I had no idea there were different accounts if I log in with my user name or facebook that were connected). So I log in with my facebook, ask me to reconect my account, and done.

Had to scratch my head for a while, but I works now. So far so good!

@kjellele - Glad to hear your fully operational now! I hope you enjoy Spotify Premium!

@Shurgato - You're going to need to get into contact with the Support Team via this contact form. They will be more than able to assist you with this type of situation; if you get an automated response from the contact form, make sure you respond back immediately. This will make sure that you're connected with an agent as soon as possible.

@SPX300 - Users typically get the 2-Day Spotify Premium Trial when they've connected their mobile devices for the first time to Spotify. Are you sure you are logging in to the right account? If you did start off using Spotify from your mobile device, you're going to need to login with the Facebook details that were used.

@user-removed - Glad to hear you're fully operational now! I hope you enjoy your Spotify Premium trial and hope to see you continue using the premium service.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

I just payed for Spotify Unlimited, but it doesn't work. It says I've already used up my 10 hours. But the title says Spotify Unlimited, so I'm definitely sure that it should work. Also, there's no confirmation in my mail. I don't get this. I've tried logging out and starting over, but nothing changes. 

@ongakusei wrote:

I just payed for Spotify Unlimited, but it doesn't work. It says I've already used up my 10 hours. But the title says Spotify Unlimited, so I'm definitely sure that it should work. Also, there's no confirmation in my mail. I don't get this. I've tried logging out and starting over, but nothing changes. 

It should start working by itself given a little time. Sometimes a clean reinstallation of the client can speed things along. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I bought spotify premium but I can not access offline mode in my phone(Samsung galaxy S3) and iPad, can someone help me with that issue? Thank you

What does it show under subscription status here and ioes it show a 10 digit username or an alphanumeric username?

It appears Spotify Premium and it shows a 11digit username(only letters)
Marked as solution

If you log out on your mobile devices and log back in with "I've already got an account" and the facebook button you should get to your premium account. Let me know if that doesn't work please.

I did what you said and now spotify premium is working(offline mode), thank you

Great, enjoy your music 🙂

I am having the same issue. It won't activate on my iPhone and I did try logging out and logging back in: I tried reinstalling the app and i also tried to completely close the app and reopen it.  I don't know what to do. ANy ideas?

@user-removed - Is your account definitely showing as Premium, not Unlimited or Free on this page?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

It works but it charged me twice. Do you have any ideas on how to fix that??

Sounds like you may unknowingly have two accounts @user-removed . If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to make sure you are only billed once and remove the extra account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts