Free/Premium

Country

NZ

Device

Samsung 10

1. Operating System 

Android

My Question or Issue

Last week my spotify stared acting very strange. It randomly start playing the same song i have never heard before over and over again. Any attempt at chaging song works for like 30 seconds then it switches back to that same song again.

It's Album 4 real 4 real by YK I have no idea what it is,  i thought it was that my account had been compromised but ive changed password twice and the issue keeps returning. I force stop my account more than ten times, I uninstalled it and again install and open the account stop for a week and now back again .

Other strange things happening is that it is skipping songs and that paused songs starts playing

when i was on my phone it keep playing none stop, or it will start out of nowhere. 

Screenshot_20190612-210901_Spotify.jpg
10 Replies

Hey there @M76,

thanks for posting !

I'd recommend a basic reinstatll of the app as it tends to solve most of the issues like this one.

In addition and just to make sure to eliminate the open of your account being taken over follow the steps provided here.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hello! I have similar issue. I have contacted Spotify via "Contact us" form, but haven't received any reply yet. Here is my case:

"There is something strange going on. It seems as my account has been merged with someone else's account. When I edited my profile, instead of my e-mail address (*snip*) there was completely different e-mail address shown (*snip*). The other person is male and has the same date of birth as me.  How is it possible that we both have the same username (luizak)? Or has this person somehow hacked my account? It happens often that when I listen to my playlist it stops suddenly and starts playing some unknown music (in Turkish and in French). I can see that it's playing on a different device. I usually listen to the music on my laptop, but it appears that I'm listening on someone's iPhone. How is it possible? Last week I terminated my Premium account and it was supposed to expire on 9th of June, but somehow it is still active and I have been charged the amount of 9,99 Euro for this month. I shouldn't have been charged as I have terminated my account in time and I expect this money to be refunded! Should I contact this man who merged with my account directly, or can Spotify clarify this situation for us? Please use my e-mail address in response to this message: *snip*. I would be grateful if you could take this message seriously as I don't want to pay for someone else's account anymore!

P.S. I have just followed the instructions on your website regarding unlogging from all devices and changing my password. But what happened now is that it seems as I have taken over someone else's account! I'm in Germany, but my email address is from the UK, as I lived there before. The person whose account I seem to have taken over is in the UK, is also female, uses the same email address as me (!), but has completely different username (4int4jylztq90iao0s1eveuiv) and has a different date of birth (is much younger than me). Also, in this new account there is nothing that I've been listening to before, my playlists and favourite songs are all gone! What is happening? Can someone please explain this?"

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention you've reached out to our support team already but haven't received a reply just yet, we'd recommend making sure of the following:

• Check your spam/junk folders in case a reply was directed there by mistake.
  • Check any other filtered folders (e.g. if you use Gmail, it might be in the Social or Promotions tabs).
  • Search for any incoming email listed from no-reply@spotify.com in your email inbox.

If you locate an automated response, you can reply to it to shake things up even if it's from a no-reply address. 

Let us know how things go! We'll be happy to lend a hand if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

Many thanks for your reply. Today I have received a message from Roma at Spotify Customer Support and we had been exchanging e-mails all morning. Eventually, my case has been resolved and I am now able to access my old Spotify account without problem. I had to close my account that had my e-mail address, but different username. Then my e-mail address had been connected to my old account, the one overtaken by another user with Turkish e-mail address; I had to change my password and then I could log in to my old account. I was so happy to see that my playlists and favourite songs were still there! I only had to do some cleaning up, as the other user had already created his playlists and added some songs to my favourite ones.

The only question that is still left without an answer is whether I will be refunded the money I unknowingly paid this month for my Premium subscription. I had terminated my subscribtion in time, so I wasn't expected to be charged for another month, however, I wasn't aware that the other user renewed my subscribtion and so I was charged again. I am expecting Roma, or someone else at Spotify, to get back to me on this issue.

All the best,

Luiza

Hey again @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear that the original issue was resolved and all's well once more ๐Ÿ™‚

In this case, we'd recommend getting back in touch with support in order to request a refund. A member of our support team will be happy to take another look for you. They'll be also happy to help you restore your tunes before this happened.

In the meanwhile, you can check out our refund policy here.

Let us know how you get on! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any other questions.

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator

Thanks Katerina!

I've been contacted by Spotify Customer Support officer today who confirmed that they will refund me the money for this month ๐Ÿ™‚ Very glad to hear that!

Now I can keep rocking on my Spotify account peacefully ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey again @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

That's good to hear ๐Ÿ™‚

If there's anything else we can lend a hand with, you know where to find us!

spotify:track:0v0sa5TgqCXMJcynzY8Sqp

KaterinaModerator

Hi,

I have the exact same problem on my Dell notebook computer.  Any time I try to play anything it skips to 4Real by YG after about 30 seconds and plays like 10 seconds of each song of 4Real before skipping to next song. If I pause it starts playing again after few seconds. Tried reinstalling updated version without any luck, however installing an older version seem to work, though.

Hey 

I think I managed to fix it, first I changed my password then I follow and download YG Album than I unfollow I deleted the Album. This was 2 weeks ago and no problems since. Give it a try. 

Thanks, I will check this out if it turns up again. A rollback solved the situation for me, at least for now.

Suggested posts