Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify (display) name is not changing after I connected it to Facebook.

My Spotify (display) name is not changing after I connected it to Facebook.

Hi!

So as the title says, yesterday I connected my Facebook account to my profile in order to change my display name so people could find me easier. 

I looked today and I saw that it hadn't changed. I tried logging out, etc. Tried on my iPhone and two separate Windows 10 laptops but no luck. 

I also asked some of my friends to check my Spotify profile, and again no luck as they saw my original name, just as I do.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

I believe that it can take a few days for this to update.

Feel free to reach back out in a week or so if it hasn't updated by then.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you! I'll be sure to let you know when it does.

Hi! Quick update. It hasn't been exactly a week yet, more like 4-5 days. However, my display name and picture have remained the same, with nothing changing. I have tried logging out and logging back in on all the associated devices.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks for letting me know.

So if you've already picked a display name, your Facebook name won't show after connecting to Facebook.

This only works if you haven't picked a display name yet. Right now, your only options are to keep your current display name or to create a new account (and get all your stuff transferred over if you'd like).

Let me know how you'd like to proceed so that I can point you in the right direction (if needed).

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts