Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify doesn't work in other country

Solved!

My Spotify doesn't work in other country

Hello there,

I have a problem with using Spotify! I'm from Latvia and my payment is made for my Latvian card, but I came to Portugal as foreign student in Erasmus program and I'm gonna be here 'till may and Spotify does not allow me to listen to music in here and I need to pay money for changing my payment, because i'm in a different country or something like that, I didn't really understand, what I must do! But, i'm gonna be here only for 3 months and I don't want to pay money for listening my free music and after these 3 months i'm going back to my country and then I will have to pay again?

What should I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Marta,

I have changed your Spotify country to Portugal and you should now be able to use the Free service whilst you are there.  Please let us know when you are back home and we will switch you back.

Erasmus is a great program.  I hope that you have a good time 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi,

You say you're paying for Premium in Latvia, is your account profile also showing as registered in Latvia? If so then you should be able to use Spotify abroad.

What issues are you getting? You say it does not allow you to listen to music, is this the web player? Desktop App, Mobile app?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Since Spotify is available in Latvia, you should be able to subscribe to Premium "in Latvia" (using your Latvian card) which will give you unlimited abroad time to use anywhere in the world. Will it not let you subscribe using your Latvian card?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hey Marta,

I have changed your Spotify country to Portugal and you should now be able to use the Free service whilst you are there.  Please let us know when you are back home and we will switch you back.

Erasmus is a great program.  I hope that you have a good time 🙂

I have the exact same problem. I'm danish but will live in Luxembourg for a year. Can you switch my country too?

I've found out of it myself. But thank you otherwise! Nice to see how you're helping your users out 😉

Hey, i have the same problem, i have been in Canada for a year and had an acount but i came home and now i can not log in, i live in Denmark

Hello , I'm using Spotify premium in France and for the past 30 days I'm in Bulgaria . And Spotify tells me I can use it only for 14 days abroad . is it possible to do something , I'm still paying it but I can't use it . I'm coming back in France on Sunday , but I would really like to listen to my music on the plane 😞
Thank you ,
Plamena Pavlova

Hi! I am a free Spotify user and recently moved from Italy to Germany, changed the country in Spotify options, but it still won't let me log in 😛

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Sara

I have the same kind of problem, because im in Taiwan for my minor but I'm from the Netherlands. My account also doesn't work, what should I do?!

Kind regards,
Dylan

Hi there!

I've got the same problem again, only this time i'm in UK! how can I change my spotify country?

Best regards,

Marta

Hi there,
same problem here. I'm currently back in Italy and can't use my Spotify Uk. Can you sort it out please? Thank you so much
Giada

Hi, please may you also help me to change my country? I thought I managed to change it to Spain, it says on my account it is in Spain but spotify still isn't working here. I am only in Spain for 13 more days though.

Many thanks

Alexandra

Hi there! I have a similar problem, I'm in Spain now, in Erasmus program since January to July, but the problem is that we have a family plan, my family is in Chile, and I am the administrator of the account, so Spotify Premium stopped working to them a few weeks ago, but for me it still works.
What can we do to have all the service again, because we are still paying for a family plan?

Suggested posts