Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My User name is strange

Solved!

My User name is strange

Hi everyone,

I just made a Spotify account and I can see that my username is completely different that what I choose. It's something like this: 14sdfjhdi9yijefkjc... a sequence of numbers and letters.

Does anyone has an idea about what happened?

Thanks for the answer 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Chamelas and welcome to the Community! 🙂

While this might seem off, it's completely normal. 😄 Spotify even has a handy explanation which I have copied below.

Hope it helps and have a wonderful day!

My username is just numbers and letters?

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like 🙂

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Chamelas and welcome to the Community! 🙂

While this might seem off, it's completely normal. 😄 Spotify even has a handy explanation which I have copied below.

Hope it helps and have a wonderful day!

My username is just numbers and letters?

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like 🙂

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

Perfect! Nice!

Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day. 🙂

Suggested posts