Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Username = code, not my name! How can I change it? And how to be visible?

Solved!

My Username = code, not my name! How can I change it? And how to be visible?

Hi,

I registered with facebook (just to have a profile picture) and my username is not my facebook nickname or my name, it is a code. Said that, my sharing link is a huge code too!! Is that a way to change this? I used to have a shorter link with my nickname in my other account. It is totally not user friendly to share my playlists or my profile with this code!!

Also, how can people find me? Nobody can see me on spotify. I used to have another account totally visible to all (connected or not to facebook).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! Signing up through facebook will give you a long code as a username. You can easily share it by going to your profile (clicking your name on the Spotify app) and clicking that three dots in a circle then copy playlist link or copy spotify uri then share it to your friends. Only your Facebook Friends can search you but everyone can see you through those links. You can use link shorteners like tinyurl if you want to easily share. Hope this helps 🙂

If you want to have your own username, you can make a new account and contact support to move your account details like playlists and followers to that new account, but it's a long process. Go here for support Contact form .

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi! Signing up through facebook will give you a long code as a username. You can easily share it by going to your profile (clicking your name on the Spotify app) and clicking that three dots in a circle then copy playlist link or copy spotify uri then share it to your friends. Only your Facebook Friends can search you but everyone can see you through those links. You can use link shorteners like tinyurl if you want to easily share. Hope this helps 🙂

If you want to have your own username, you can make a new account and contact support to move your account details like playlists and followers to that new account, but it's a long process. Go here for support Contact form .

Thanks @dwaynex18, but I was hoping to have another way. I don't want to share links and a don't want to create another profile and ask spotify to move everything.

I really can't understand how a company like this, in 2015, is so NOT user friendly... to change a picture I have to create a new account, but If I dont use facebook I won't have a picture... this is insane.

I really won't share this ridiculous code! In every other social net I have a personalized link.

Spotify, so last decade!!

Don't worry, even if you don't aign up with Facebook, you can still connect with it after you sign up and have a profile picture.

I think, the reason is links. Spotify makes you a link to your account for example, your username is user123. It will give you a profile link https://open.spotify.com/user/user123 and a Spotify URI spotify:user:spotify:user:dwaynex18. If you change your username, that link will no longer work.  Your playlists embedded to websites will no longer function because it will be a 404 not found as the link will surely be changed for example your current link is https://open.spotify.com/user/user123/playlist/1apdu9eeeXOytgGhbjDdus and you changed your username to dwaynex18, the result link will be this https://open.spotify.com/user/dwaynex18/playlist/1apdu9eeeXOytgGhbjDdus . It's just my opinion and I don't work at Spotify

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts