Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Wife's Playlists Have Disappeared

Solved!

My Wife's Playlists Have Disappeared

Plan

Premium

Country UK

Device

(iPhone 12 mini.

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue: My wife's playlists have disappeared. I have read similar posts where resetting passwords appear to have done the trick - however my wife has changed done this but the problem remains.

She is understandably frustrated and I would be grateful for any advice as to how or if they can be resolved.

have logged on via the web and tried clicking the 'Restore Playlists' but receive a 'No playlists have been deleted' message.

The problem appears to be traced back to when my wife changed to a new mobile although I wouldn't have thought that this would be of any significance given that Spotify is a cloud based system, but nevertheless it does seem a coincidence that prior to changing mobiles all her playlists, and she had a lot!, were all present. Would be grateful for any assistance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Luan,

Thanks so much for posting but hopefully I think I have now managed to solve the problem! 

For some unknown reason, my wife had set up her Spotify account using an old email address, and because the fields were always pre populated she never had to enter this information again.

However recently she got a new phone and when prompted, attempted to log in using her current email address!

Once the additional email address had been identified, (my wife was adamant that she only had a single email account!), all her playlists were restored and normal service was resumed!

Thanks again to those who offered help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @kramnostribor, thanks for your post here!

Let's try to get that fixed. It sounds like your wife might have more than one account. Could you follow these steps to find any more accounts she might have? That might help you find your playlists back. Let me know how you get on!

Have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Hubo,

Thanks for getting back to me. So I've checked other email addresses and my wife has only created one Spotify account. She also has checked Facebook and does not have this linked to her Spotify account. We have a family Spotify account and I have logged everyone out and then each person has  logged back in. Both myself and my son were taken back to the paid version of Spotify, but my wife was taken to the free version, which I'm guessing is why she has lost her playlists, even though she is still showing up as part of our family Spotify group. 

Hey, @kramnostribor 

Thanks for following the tips @Hubo has suggested. You mentioned that your wife's account was set as Free, but it continues to be listed on your Family overview, right? In this case, could you try to remove her from your Family plan and then send her back a new invitation link? This might solve the possible issue which has taken her to the free plan. When it comes to the lost playlists, if recovering the Premium doesn't bring them back, let us know.

Stay awesome!

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi Luan,

Thanks so much for posting but hopefully I think I have now managed to solve the problem! 

For some unknown reason, my wife had set up her Spotify account using an old email address, and because the fields were always pre populated she never had to enter this information again.

However recently she got a new phone and when prompted, attempted to log in using her current email address!

Once the additional email address had been identified, (my wife was adamant that she only had a single email account!), all her playlists were restored and normal service was resumed!

Thanks again to those who offered help.

Suggested posts