Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account didn't add the "local files" playlist for me to import mp3 files from my computer

Solved!

My account didn't add the "local files" playlist for me to import mp3 files from my computer

Plan

Free

Country

US

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When at the preferences tab, I have checked the "show local files" only for it to not do anything.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @BowlOfSoup,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case you can consider moving your music collection over to the new account. You can follow the steps from this Guide.

Let us know how you get on with this 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey there!

You are just there, you have to check the local files and then select the folder in which your songs are and then Spotify will scan and give you ability to play those in the Local Files option from the left menu.

More about Local Files.

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hmm, weird, I have selected the specific folder that spotify should scan on, but I don't see it appear on the left menu

Hi there @BowlOfSoup,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer for a step-by-step guide on how to import your Local Files.

If they don't show up, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This is helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble and will ensure you're running the latest version of the app. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Hello, very sorry for the delay, I have tried all the methods you have provided, but the results are the same.

Hey @BowlOfSoup,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the steps in the article that @CarlosE posted and a clean reinstall didn't solve the issue, It's also a good idea to change the source of the local files. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

Keep in mind that only files in the supported files and obtained from official vendors are supported. You can find details about this here. Could you please confirm that's the case?

Let us know how things develop.

Mihail Moderator

Weird, Spotify isn't recognizing the new folder that I have moved my mp3s to be added to the left menu. Is this what the local files on Spotify should look like?

ad254.PNG

Hey @BowlOfSoup,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

This looks is how it's suppose to look.

Can you try to import them to another account? This will let us know if there's an account issue or not.

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yep, it looks like an account issue since the new account shows local files, the version is 1.1.52.687.gf5565fe5-a
Marked as solution

Hi @BowlOfSoup,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case you can consider moving your music collection over to the new account. You can follow the steps from this Guide.

Let us know how you get on with this 🙂

AlexModerator

Suggested posts