Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account doesn't show up when you search for it

My account doesn't show up when you search for it

When I search for my account using either my username or my profile name it doesn't come up. I've asked friends to search for me and I've also searched on my other Spotify Premium account and I can't find this account. It is for a company that I work for so it's important that people can find the account without me having to send the profile to them directly. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 17.31.56.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 17.32.08.png
8 Replies

Hey @9lth5itmmzm2v4w ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Not all profiles show up in Search right away, it depends on my factors such as follower count.

You can share your profile following the steps listed in this support article: https://support.spotify.com/article/find-and-share-your-profile/.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply. The issue is that it used to show up in the search and all of a sudden it doesn't anymore. We've had this account since last December, so it isn't brand new. 

Hey there @9lth5itmmzm2v4w,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @Maxim mentioned.

You might want to also change up your display name with more unique characters, so that the search engine finds it before other similar accounts. You could also try another device or the web player to check whether or not the account does come up. 

We also want to point out that Spotify is intended for private, non-commercial use only. If you'd like to use the app for your company you can check out Spotify For Brands. You can do this here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day! 

How many followers do you need?

Hey @YulTheWizard,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can't share any exact info on this in order to prevent manipulation. We can encourage you to you follow these steps in order to change the display name and share your profile with more of your friends. This could help, when someone is searching the account.

Can you check, if you can see the account when using a different device?

Keep us posted! If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How much do moderators get paid? Is it part-time or full-time? I know this is rude to ask, but I wanna know if this is a good career choice when I'm 17 or something.

Hey @YulTheWizard,

Thanks for the question 🙂

We should follow different term and conditions regarding privacy. That's why we can't give additional information about that position.

Don't worry! We'd suggest you check this article on how to become a Rock Star on our Community. If you want to gain some experience and help other users resolve their issues and get some awesome merch and much more - give it a go!

If you have questions, you know where to find us. 

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No, I want to be an employee until I get a job that pays better (unless this pays a lot)

Suggested posts