Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account hacked couple of times

My account hacked couple of times

Hi,

i don't know how many times my account is hacked, last time hacker put his playlists, every time i change password and logoff from all devices but i use only on my iPhone and Linux desktop i don't have any viruses because i never install any thing randomly, i don't open unknown mails etc. i really care my safety on everything, but some how ONLY my spotify account gets hack, i am a member of family account, even other members didn't hacked, i don't know what to do? there is no 2FA on spotify so i feel like insecure.

kinds.

2 Replies

Hi @Yuzarsif,

Sorry to hear this has been happening to you.

You should remove any apps connected to your Spotify account (if you haven't already) by heading to your account page here. You can always reconnect the ones you trust later. It's also recommended that you use different passwords for all services and that you frequently update them to ensure maximum security. 

As for two-factor authentication, an idea about it has already been posted here and is currently under consideration, so feel free to check it out - as soon as there are any news on this we'll post an update in the thread.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Yordan,

Thank you for reply, there isn't any app connected to my account, every time i change my password to something different, my guess is it is because of flatpak or snap, i installed spotify couple of times via these app markets which spotify suggest too; https://www.spotify.com/tr/download/linux/

thank you for you suggestion but the best would be 2FA.

Kinds.

Suggested posts