Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account has been hacked, email address has been changed. My premium account is unaccessible now.

My account has been hacked, email address has been changed. My premium account is unaccessible now.

Please help. Today I decided to login to my account on my PC and viewed an unknown emailadress in my account settings. Freaked me out so I searched for help. 

I've contacted Spotify through Facebook and they can't help me out either. First they send me this link: Check out https://support.spotify.com/article/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/ for what to do next.

Filled in all the details and of course Spotify sends a confirmation to the person who hacked my account.  I send your Facebook support team the following answer: 

"It's unfortunate that you send all confirmations to the unknown emailadres. Even when taking the steps that I need to take, at the end you confirm my actions to the hacker. So I assume Spotify has no other solution besides cancelling an account?"

(I cancelled my premium account, it will stay active until the 5-4-2018. Again, can't access it anymore)

Than your facebook support team sends me this: 

Our Accounts team are better equipped for this type of issue. They should be able to help you sort this out. You can try going to https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/ and select Logging in > I can't log in to Spotify > I Still Need Help. Then fill out the form and, if there are Chat consultants available, click Start Chat. This should get you connected to them.

Filled out all the details as well. I also changed my Facebook password (just in case) and after doing this Spotify doesn't recognize me anymore. I can't acces my premium account if I login through Facebook. 

After notifying your support team of this new issue they send me the following reply: 

'It looks like our Accounts team has sent you a reply. We'd suggest checking out your email inbox for it. If anything else comes up, we'll be right here.'

So I reply back: They probably send a reply to the hacker and not to me as I haven't received a reply from them (yes I checked my **bleep**). I have also never received a notification of an email change. With all due respect but it's the least you can do to provide some security for your users.

Your support team replies: We're taking all the feedback on this. This case is best handled by our Accounts team, so we strongly suggest you consult them on the link we provided on our previous reply. They'll have this fixed for you.

So here I am trying it this way as I have used both links that were provided by your Facebook support team. 

User ID: FatimaZahraB6

Edit: I received a confirmation in my personal email after using the second link provided by your support team (contact Spotify anonymous) but it just tells me that I have to go online and use the support page, the spotify community or ask my question on twitter. Geez.. 

2 Replies

Hey @FatimaZahraB6,

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well thanks for the tip but why doesn't Spotify mention this in the email? And why do I again have to take another action to get their help? Sorry, just frustration. This is just ridiculous. I have never experienced this type of 'support'. 

Suggested posts