Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account has been hacked!!!

My account has been hacked!!!

so my account has been hacked and I get this message back from support

Hey Ronak,

Thanks for getting in touch, I hope you are well.

I'm sorry to hear you are having these problems with your account. I'm going to send this over to our content team who will have a look at your account and will get back to you shortly. This may take a little time so please be patient and everything will be sorted out for you.

Have a nice day!

Justin | Advisor

Spotify Customer Services

Cambridge

United Kingdom

so I guess when a customers account gets hacked that its not a priority and will take time to fix.....AWESOME SERVICE GUYS!

15 Replies

then I get this reponse...

Hey Ronak,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I completely understand this is urgent and it has been put to our team who will look into this for you.  As we are based in the UK and our timezones are different this may take a short while but I can assure you it will be looked at as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this for you.

Have a nice evening,

looks like at 1:48 PM EST on a Friday is hard to find someone to fix issues....AWESOME SPOTIFY! KEEP IT UP AND WATCH GOOGLE TAKE YOU OVER!

It is 7PM in the UK you know.

except I'm in US....so spotify doesn't have US based support then?

notice how I put EST on my times as well.....

@k1ng87 wrote:

except I'm in US....so spotify doesn't have US based support then?

No, their support teams are based in Cambridge, England. I'm pretty sure it has always been that way.

And I noticed you put EST, thats why I told you what time it is here. Also, the Cambridge office closes at 10PM (3 hours).

Spotify's head office is in Stockholm (I believe), however support is in Cambridge.

well then...guess i'm be switching over to Google All Access then....atleast they have Pink Floyd

@k1ng87 wrote:

well then...guess i'm be switching over to Google All Access then....atleast they have Pink Floyd

That's your choice.

A moderator is currently looking into this for you however, so hang in there for just another day 🙂

Liam

Hey there,

Just to say, the accounts team are aware of this and your case is in their queue. They'll get back to you as soon as they're possible with full instructions on how to reclaim your account.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

you want me to wait an entire day! you kidding me?! w/e....google access radio is already better in the 30min i've listening too, newer songs and better selections then spotify....

also, this has happened to others as well, WHY WEREN'T USERS NOTIFIED OF THIS!?

I'm sure google is waaaay more secure than spotify will ever be. FACT IS you want my credit info and don't have secure systems. 

Something fishy is going on.  I have been hacked twice with my spotify account in as many weeks.   The last time I was listening and got knocked out, quickly looked to get into the account details only to find that everything has been lost again.    The last time it happened it took 7 days to get the problem corrected.   Now I get to go through the whole thing crap spotify customer service.   How is it that someone can change your E-mail address in the account and the old E-mail address isn't notified? 

This time the ticket is 00728929.

This sucks. 

Day two and still no response from Spotify support.  

@francoeu wrote:

Day two and still no response from Spotify support.  

I'll ask someone to make sure this gets looked into for you 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

4 days and still no reply.  

@francoeu wrote:

4 days and still no reply.  

Check your inbox. My colleague replied to that case about 45 minutes ago. Feel free to reply back to it with any questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks,  I did find it. 

Suggested posts