Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account has been hijacked

My account has been hijacked

As the title says, I discovered this because I got an E-Mail into my Gmail account saying that said account was no longer the active account and that it has been successfully updated to another account. I contacted support right away and I'm still waiting for an answer. In the meantime I cannot even change the password of the account. It's linked to Facebook. Tried the Fb password and nothing, I can't do anything, even if I close all sessions, the hijacker comes back and keeps using it.

Right now it's playing music from my account on an iPhone, what can I do to stop all this once and for all?

1 Reply

I am having exactly the same issue. I have tried changing my actual Facebook login as well as the Spotify specific password. I've logged out from all devices but eventually the same person keeps coming back and adding tracks and playlists. 

After browsing this forum a bit I see a lot of users with similar situations. I actually think this is a spotify bug. My best guess is that user ids are being reused - these people are not actually hackers, they're just regular users and essentially we are sharing the same account.

This is starting to get incredibly irritating as it's contaminating my discover weekly and release radar playlists with awful k-pop 😄

If this isn't resolved soon I think it's time to move to Google Music, mainly because Spotify support is an absolute joke.

Suggested posts